Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anybody hunted in the all metal mode ??

Ken in Georgia

I just want to see who has hunted in the all metal mode yet?

I'm in Georgia and Kieth Southern has found some nice relics with his. But, I will be going to the coast and will hit some spot's I've already hit and see where my Tesoro's have missed. But, please let us know , :jump:

In some cases I hunt in an all metal accept Discriminate mode, if a detector has that capability, such as where a lot of flattish rocks are scattered from a fallen-down chimney or wall. It's easier with the rocks than using just a Threshold-based All Metal mode. But when I want to get serious in evaluating any site for any metal, or after I feel a location is fairly clean from hunting in the Discriminate mode, I opt for the All Metal mode to search.

I know my G2 gets better overall depth in the All Metal mode, as do most detectors, but I like the fine-tune ability of the Threshold setting as well as being able to manually tweak the GB setting. The G2 works pretty decent in the All Metal mode.

Monte

I been waiting for you to speak up (Thank you :please:) I found the same thing you have. Deep is not always better. Just ask the PI users when they get into traction for back problems. LOL :rofl:

something i have not checked out yet!..does the g-2 give (v.d.i.) in all metal mode?

(h.h.!)
j.t.

No VDI but look at the speed dial and you will see where it shows up at. :biggrin:

All metal mode is very sensitive I have nugget shot with it and it works great Disc mode with tone break at 40 gives it a run for the money only loosing a small amount of depth and the smallest of targets.
All metal seems a little more accurate on the VDI for deep iron as you also have the Fe03 meter. I double check with it often.

?..i missed that one!..can you explain?..thanks!

(h.h!)
j.t.

The G2 has a Speed dial or Speed-o-meter, and it starts at 0 and goes to 99, this is where you set the discrimination at. And its where the VDI shows up at when you go over a target. Hope this help you.

thanks!..confusion resolved!

(h.h.!)
j.t.