Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

has anybody tried the 9 inch tear drop coil or the 10 inch concentric greek seies coil on the fisher f44

bigdawg47

i know they make the nel sharpshooter but my soil is mild here in south carolina and wondering if these 2 concentric coils are just as good as the stock coil or if one is better than the other one thanks hal

I bought a 9" teardrop for my F44. Just got it this week and haven't used it on the ground yet. It will be another few weeks before I get around to using the F44 again so I'll not be able to provide a timely response about it either.

I do know that the 9" teardrop is electrically compatible with the F44 while the 10" concentric off my Omega is not,and with that being the case there is a performance lose with the 10" concentric.

Maybe that helps.

HH
Mike

Mike, does this compatibility issue have to do with the new 8500 only ? I thought all the coils were compatible between the Omega/F5 and the new F 11,22,44 !!! I'm pretty sure a tech from First Texas had told me that they were all 100% compatible. I'll fish out the email if I have to.

Go fish all you want. Doesn't change the facts.

The FXX series is not 100% electrically compatiable with the Greek series, nor vis-a-versa.

What that means is that a Greek series coil will not perform as good as it does on a Greek unit when it is placed on the F44.
A F44 coil is not going to perform as good as it does on the F44 when it is placed on a Greek series unit.

If you have expectations that they are directly interchangeable with no performance differences you are going to be disappointed.

HH
Mike

Mike, I didn't want to offend in any way with my post. The last phrase was intended to be light spirited. I know all the experience in the field that you have with Fisher detectors and many more and your contribution is invaluable to me and many others.

All I know is that Arturo Barrientos of Fisherlab had answered an email I had sent him when I was still a newbie with the F5 regarding coil compatibility between the F44 and F5 metal detectors and more specifically the F5's 11 DD coil. This is what he said: "I did confirm that the coils are interchangeable between those two models." He didn't mention there was a performance hit. There could be.

When you mention performance differences do you mean loss of depth only ?