Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone ever used a Minelab GPX 5000 on a park searching for coins

professor-tones

I am considering getting a Minelab GPX 5000 to coin shoot on parks and football fields , any comments are welcome on the idea.. I have heard a dealer describe the feeling of using a GPX 5000
on sites as "Feeling Invincible" One guy got a small gold coin at 18 inches deep i heard..

Last edited:
He may have got a gold coin at 18 inches but I will bet he dug a 100 nails at that depth and a 100 other things at that depth no disc hard not to dig it all .At least in the late 60s early 70s we only had to dig 4 inches I did not have disc on the machines I ran . But yes there's plenty of deep targets out there but with no disc do you feel lucky like Clint used to say . sube

I have a friend who attempted that and it was a short adventure for him. I doubt if he covered 10 square feet before he saw the lack of wisdom in that decision. As they say , the best lessons come from bad decisions.

I have a friend who attempted that and it was a short adventure for him. I doubt if he covered 10 square feet before he saw the lack of wisdom in that decision. As they say , the best lessons come from bad decisions.
There is a dealer advertising a GPX 5000 for sale , he says he can identify 95% of iron with his GPX 5000. Just wondering how true that could be.

There is a dealer advertising a GPX 5000 for sale , he says he can identify 95% of iron with his GPX 5000. Just wondering how true that could be.
Who cares ?! 95% of the trash in the parks I have hunted is non ferrous to begin with. If you are a dig everything type detectorist then go for it , the iron will be the least of your "treasures" but the Ronald McDonald House in your area will love all the pull tabs you bring them and the park will be a lot cleaner when all the can slaw , foil seals and tiny bits of gum wrappers are gone.:)

Who cares ?! 95% of the trash in the parks I have hunted is non ferrous to begin with. If you are a dig everything type detectorist then go for it , the iron will be the least of your "treasures" but the Ronald McDonald House in your area will love all the pull tabs you bring them and the park will be a lot cleaner when all the can slaw , foil seals and tiny bits of gum wrappers are gone.:)
I agree it would be a case of using such a detector on a park as "Paystreak Style".:laugh: I will be purchasing a GPX 5000 Next Year for Coin Shooting Parks , football fields , farmland etc. MDTC.
I will show you guys some great finds coming out from deep in the Abyss of soil. Well at least hopefully i will.

Last edited:
Wow thats brave......they aren't really designed for that type of detecting,they are for finding gold nuggets out in the gold fields where there is little man made trash about.A chap once told me he used to use a gpx (dont know what model) on cleaner beaches to good effect but a park.......that would be way too much for me and as for identifying 95% of iron trash i would take that with a pinch of salt.Also,a dealer probably would use quite colourful language to describe the 5000 as he wants people to part with thousands of their hard earned spondoolies.
A better alternative may be a Nexus which are very deep machines with good discrim capabilities.......and a large range of coils for every situation.
Good luck if you get a 5000,also find a good chiropracter at the same time.😁😁