Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has Anyone Ever Used These Coils On A Tesoro

moose57

Hi I have these two detectors Golden uMAX and a Eldarado uMAX. Has anybody ever used a
NEL Sharpshooter coil, or a DETECT 8x6 SEF coil on these detectors. I am thinking on buying
these coils and finding out how good they work..

I have tried the Sharpshooter but not the SEF.

Best adjustability with the manual GB Eldorado, however it depends on where you hunt and what you are after. I can tell you this and it is based on my 39 years of owning, using, being a dealer for, and watching many others evaluate coils on their own Tesoro's, and that is this:

Most Tesoro's were designed with Concentric coils, and when hunting in abundant Iron Nails and similar ferrous debris sites, I have never been impressed with overall performance of DD coils on most Tesoro models.

Can a Tesoro use a DD? Yes. But that doesn't mean the performance is great. I have 9 detectors currently and some use only DD's and others use Concentrics. Some detectors were just engineered to perform better with one type more than the other.

What is it that you want in the way of performance that you feel is lacking now, and which coils are you using?

Monte

I have tried the Sharpshooter but not the SEF.

Best adjustability with the manual GB Eldorado, however it depends on where you hunt and what you are after. I can tell you this and it is based on my 39 years of owning, using, being a dealer for, and watching many others evaluate coils on their own Tesoro's, and that is this:

Most Tesoro's were designed with Concentric coils, and when hunting in abundant Iron Nails and similar ferrous debris sites, I have never been impressed with overall performance of DD coils on most Tesoro models.

Can a Tesoro use a DD? Yes. But that doesn't mean the performance is great. I have 9 detectors currently and some use only DD's and others use Concentrics. Some detectors were just engineered to perform better with one type more than the other.

What is it that you want in the way of performance that you feel is lacking now, and which coils are you using?

Monte
I just want to get the best depth I can as long as it is not really deep. I have a Golden uMAX and
I know they only go about 8" deep and people say the 8 inch concentric coil is what they use..

I only had an original Golden microMAX a short while, and tried the revised version. They didn't work well in the mineralized ground I searched in Oregon, Utah and Arizona and tone response was off. Dimes and half the quarters responded in the next lower tone.

I thought they came with the 8X9 Concentric, but I tried them with 8X9, 8" and 7" Concentrics and had similar results.

Remember, too, that this model relies on an internally set Ground Balance which might well need attention with a coil change.

Monte

Hey Moose57, let us know when you get them and give us a review of coils used in the field. I was thinking about that same thing. I have an Outlaw w/standard concentric coil but would like to get 2 more coil sizes/coil configurations.

TC-NM

I got my hands on a NEL 9x6 Sharpshooter coil made for the Tesoro Cortes awhile back... The Cortes is the same frequency as My Bandido II umax... So I put it on and gave it a whirl... My house was built in 1935... the front corner of the yard has a real trashy area... I just figured that's where the builders tossed their garbage and nails... an old timer a few houses down told my there used to be a clothes line on that corner to the back yard... Iv'e had the Bandido, My 6000/Di PRO sl, and My XLT over that spot... and never found anything worth digging... I figured this would be a good test... The Bandido was like a totally different machine with that coil... It was giving me clear tones in all that trash... I pulled what i believe are two brass hangers from when the cedar siding was put on.... a 1945 wheaty... and a 1946 Ecuador 5 Centavos Coin... the coins must have come from the clothes line... all four bits were down about 6 inches... best 20 minute test out I ever did... I grab the Bandido every time I go out now....:bouncy:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 92
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 89
I just want to get the best depth I can as long as it is not really deep. I have a Golden uMAX and
I know they only go about 8" deep and people say the 8 inch concentric coil is what they use..
Actually the golden umax came with the white 9x8 concentric (5pin) like the older vaqueros and cibolas did (but they use black 4 pin)