Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone gotten a deus to work underwater yet?

Terry(Mi)

[size=medium]Ive done the web searches and seen what few pics are available out there, but Im looking for someone to actually say YES, they hooked up a wire to the coil and got the deus to transmit in thigh/waist/torso deep water .... what type of wire was it, and how well did it transmit the signal?
Ive hooked up a wire and ran it up, but still no dice past 2-3"[/size]

yep it works , i tried it in a large bucket of water ,about 18 inches deep .
however if you want deep water use try a water machine.
just use coax cable .

I've hooked up 2 different styles of coax I have lying around, and still cant get it to work. If anyone knows the exact type that will work, please let me know. Thanks!

instructions can be found on the UK deus users forum

Ronnie is running a 6 ft shielded speaker wire (small 1.5 mm) from radio shack and I have a 7 ft cable that i bought a spool at radio shack 24 gauge 2 conductor audio cable(4mm) $19.00 50 feet nice copper weave shield. Cut shield and leave one conductor cut the other off flush... 24 mm with red insulation left on wire hot glue and zip tie over battery prongs .....make sure that the red center lead insulation lays right on the batt. connection....good thing about hot glue is it is water proof and you can just peel back to recharge coil,,(do Same to other end),,,,Ronnie ordered a Ipod phone soft water proof bag with lanyard for around the neck...[ for remote] and hot glued the lead to the back of the bag....any way yes it can be done and we are working on it .......And yes we have all the greatest water machines that have been made ......Must be a reason we R pursuing this ........we may not want to say more ....:ninja:

Happy Trails
jimpugh

not to big... not 2 small... jess rite (enlarge photo where you can see)
Untitled-1.jpg

24 mm remove outer shield and bare center lead ....coat with hot glue thin and precise to lay on battery leads....and pick Up +2 Ghz signal. Rubber bands to hold firm and be removable for charging just roll to side...
DSC01589.jpg

test use 6-7 feet of the 12 foot cable bare 24 mm of the other end of antenna lay on back of remote AND test in back yard or away from EMF influence. (most coils drown out(go silent till taken out of water) 2-3 inches with OUT the wave guide)
DSC01586.jpg

once you got your coil and remote to hook up consistently you are ready to get it all in a dry Pack or water tight vessel.... this assembly has worked real well in Salt in severe Iron (where the good stuff hides) but you need to master the the detector
DSC01588.jpg

now you are ready to see ole yella......
DSC01587-1.jpg

the phones can be activated.... git ta diggin

Happy Trails
jimpugh
jimpugh

Just curious, are you planning on just doing some hunting in the surf (up to chest deep) or are you going to be doing some diving with this mod? Looks good.

I have to get all my optimized settings down for the targeted sites....

a hard case is in the works for some glory holes... if I am not to bizzy with the harvest in shallow IRON areas....

Thanks Guys :starwars:

Happy Trails
jimpugh