Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone had any luck loosening up the Vance Muffs?

I was beginning to think I was the only one!!
Keep bending on it until the headband either flattens out or breaks . Mine broke so I cabled tied the head piece spring tensionor from an old set of UR30's to the headband of the Howard Leights and they not half bad now. I'm sure if the Vance's remain too tight and you can't deal with it that he will honor his money back warranty on them.
I have had ear muffs for sound protection that were too tight before and found that if I used a pipe clamp and a board , I could clamp them in a stressed position for a couple of days make them "relax" eventually.
Good luck!!

Hmm I do not think mine are tight.....LOL You guys git fat heads? Maybe I got skinny head, less brain and all....

LOL

Jim

They are so tight it really starts to hurt

Why all these mixed reports some saying the Vance muffs are too tight & others saying they are just fine????

D&P-OR said:
Why all these mixed reports some saying the Vance muffs are too tight & others saying they are just fine????

It could be that there are in fact different versions being shipped.
My head is small and mine were very tight, as bad as the White's Pro Stars which I had to melt the plastic headband with a heat gun to use.
It could be in the way the ear cups are adjusted to size also. If you don't need to slide the cup down the wire side bars to gain more room , the headband applies more direct pressure to the ears because there is less leverage working against it. Inadequate padding as well and small ear cups. Who knows !! Quality control?

Stopped wearing mine after the first time out. Sound is good but it is like my head was in a vice. I probably should mention I have a bigger than average head, but my Killer B Hornets never hurt. I wonder if John over at Killer B can wire a set of Hornets if I send him the adaptor off the Vance muffs?