Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone here ever used a Pulse Star MP20.....

It is not meant to be used as nugget hunter or beach maxchine, but for finding things like nails in trees etc according to factory. Don

MP20 is sold as 'can be used for finding nails in trees etc'. In fact its a perfectly good coin/ring machine with enhanced sensitivity to small items and a fast response time. Very low power consumption too. I think it only uses three or four AA cells.
Not in the same league as Eric's machines but some Europeans use them with great success.

Dave a friend of mine has one and i have the MXT we did a test on the beach between the MXT and the Pulse star. And the Pulse Star goes at least 6 inches deaper the the MXT so for the people saying its not a beach machine i would encourage them to try it out on the beach and they will be pleasantly surprised.
And for the saying MP20 is sold as 'can be used for finding nails in trees, Please don't make me laugh.

gatorguy was right about the limitations of the Pulse Star MP20, although on their website it does not say otherwise,

It was explained to me in this email. I quote:

"Dear David,

thank you for your e-mail and your interest in our metal detectors.
Sorry for the delay, but I was out of office for few days and usually
I am the one dealing with international requests.

On 09/05/2006 12:41 daviddip@optusnet.com.au wrote:

> SALES ENQUIRY
>
> I'd like to the cost to purchase the LATEST version of the Pulse Star
> MP20.

Sorry, but the MP20 is currently not available in low quantities. We can
only produce a new batch for orders of at least 250 units.

What would be your application? Please note that the MP20 is actually
not intended to be used for coin shooting or searching gold nuggets. It
has no discrimination as in VLF detectors and will detect even small
bits of iron. An application for the MP20 is, for example, detecting
metal in trees to protect lumber mills.

"Thomas B, that's not what it says on your website."

> ...
> Are there any other coil options?

No, the MP20 has an active search coil, i.e. transmitter and receiver
electronics are integrated in the coil, and we only offer this coil with
10" diameter.

Best regards,