Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone tested the f75 against the new ml etrac

I havent yet but when my hunting buddy gets his, we will be doing some head to head comparison to see how they stack up to one another. TMAN...

Recently went out with two friends. One had the new E-trac and the other a Fisher F70. I was using my trust old Spectrum with a Bigfoot coil to clean up the clads and junk for the other guys to hit the older stuff at an old school built in 1915 and recently shut down. So lots of clad, lots of pull tabs, lots of iron loaded backfill when they put sewers in and some pretty bad conditions.

My one friend with the F70 hit a target that was registering about 83 and at 12 inches. My other buddy came by with his E-Trac and he was not able to even read it. He is a very experienced Minelab guy and tried all kinds of adjustments to get his machine to hit on that target. Nothing he did could get that E-Trac to read that target. We then tried his other Fisher which is the F75. That one also registered a hit with the same readings.

When he dug, he found a 1919 standing liberty quarter at about 13 inches standing on end vertically next to a small rock.
Now the E-Trac is a great machine, but the F-70 at half the price really made me rethink about getting an E-Trac. I think it could be that the coin on edge was the reason why the E-Trac could not see that coin. And I also noticed that my friend with the F-70 was getting more coins and covering more ground than my other friend with the E-Trac. I will say this about the E-Trac.....it did get a nice Indian head cent at almost 15 inches down, the deepest find of the day. The F-70 was able to hit that target also. I hear that the E-Trac is a killer on wet ocean beach sand so if I was doing a lot of wet work on ocean beaches, the E-Trac would be my choice.

With either the F75 or F70, I just figure you cannot go wrong. Saving $400 to $900 over an E-Trac with comparable performance is the reason why I went out the next day and put in an order for the F-70. It will be delivered this Wednesday.

By the way, I do not work for First Texas, Fisher or any other detector company.

I would have to sell both my F-75 , Explorer 2 and all the coils I have for both ( I bought everything used ) and I would still not have enough to get an E-Trac . For me that is a whole lot of money . Then I'd have to learn a new detector besides . I'm going to stick with what I have, One of my hunting buddies just sold his SE and bought the E-Trac ( ideal for him as he strictly hunts in the conductivity mode ) He hasn't hunted with it yet . He did very well with his SE .Our other Buddy ( who also uses an Explorer 2 ) was so impressed with the performance of my F-75 he's going to get one . I't's going to be very interesting to see what happens on our future hunts .I'm tending to use the F-75 for most of my hunting situations now . The separation , quick recovery and lightness are allowing me to make a lot of great finds with a lot less effort .

H H ,
George

Do you live fairly close to Madison? I have a buddy there (Dean) that hunts with a guy named Steve every now and again. In fact, I hunted with him once last June. The "Steve" in question used a Spectrum too!