Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone tried a Blue Max 256 on a Classic or XLT or IDX?

beatmachine: I have one on an IDX Pro with Mr Bills mods, that is used for hunting along the edge of curbs and sidewalks, have not been out much since I set it up (too hot). What little I have used it I have had fairly good results, will know more as the weather cools.

Thats great, that is what I want to use it for as well. I have heard that it will work and then not so much. what are you getting in an air test on a dime with that one?

The BlueMax 256mm 10" widescan coil will only work on the older whites(pre-1989) that came standard with the 8" '6B' coils. The only Classics that this coil can work on would be the original Classic III(smaller box,3-9V)and Classic II SL.

thebeatmachine said:
I really want a DD coil for this detector. The 265 might work if I can get my hands on one but I want to know if it will work at all?

The Blue Max 256 only works on the older Classic detectors. I had one... a Classic III w/ the 8 inch white colored coil with the blue decal. I found a Blue Max 256 bought it, and it worked great on the old Classic III.

I sold the Classic III and bought an IDX w/ 6 inch coil. I tested the Blue Max 256 on the IDX and the Blue Max 256 did NOT read correctly on the IDX/XLT detectors.

From what I understand, even though the old coils will fit on the box connector, the newer coils are wired a little differently than the old ones. So they are NOT interchangeable.

They aren't interchangeable, But with a box razor, some capacitors, an oscilloscope, a frequency counter and a tube of glue one might be able to persuade one to be interchangeable. Thanks for reply.