Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone used a whites DFX on the Beach?

jimmy jam

I'm buying my brothers whites DFX and Grey ghost head phones, for 300.00, he has used this system about 4 times. It is pretty new. I just wanted to know if it is worth keeping it for the beach or putting it up for sale to get a better beach machine. I only hunt the beach, and knee deep surf! :shrug:

It will be very stable on the beach.. not the deepest but it will do ok...

Three months on the beach with my DFX netted $307.59, seven gold rings, a gold grille. a gold earring, a gold chain and medallion, an iPhone, lots of silver items, and a platinum ring with a 1.04 ct diamond. I love my DFX! I doubt if anything was deeper than 7 inches, because at that depth, there is a layer of shells and debris. My best day was over $17., and worst was a scant 2 cents. So give that DFX a few trials before you sell it.

The DFX is a very UNDERRATED beach machine. Obviously not water proof, but for that price, with GG headphones, you can't go wrong (assuming like you state it is in working order).

If you load up the Beach program, you have to up the pre-amp gain and AC sensitivity a bit, but make sure you do not over do it and make sure the unit is stable. Use the stock coil ( 9.5 inch) as it is a very good coil for the wet sand and suds.

A couple of settings you may want to adjust/try is to switch between Best Data and Corrolate if there is a lot of iron, maybe slow down the sweep and recovery speeds if the beach isn't too trashy to gain some depth. Also, you may want to mess with the filters if the beaches you hunt have a lot of mineralization.

I fried a Spectrum and a DFX. Unless your VERY VERY VERY careful you will also. NEVER lift the coil higher than the control unit. Water runs up shaft and you have one sizzled detector. Probably well done.

ON the beach fine. Find enough gold on the beach and get a water unit. In the water your taking BIG chances. NOT worth it. My 2

That's why I stated wets sand and suds (meaning the white was running up onto the sand...ie, ankle deep at best). I never use my DFX past that. If I want to go to knee deep or deeper, I get out the waterproof units.

JC

DFX works pretty good at the beach, but I find it to be slightly unstable if you try to get into the wet sand or water, thats why I got myself a Dual field, plus I wanted to wade out and not worry about the machine, almost got it wet a few times. Its very useful at beaches with lots of trash because it has accurate readings on targets, bobby pins are always the same, nails are always the same, bottle caps are always the same, small foil is always the same. Only problem is the pop tops will sound like gold, but thats going to be with any machine. The coil is waterproof, just be careful of the box, give it a try and see if you like it, if not, you will probably make a decent profit on the sale since 300 is a steal for the machine, then turn around and buy something waterproof.