Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone used the garrett Z-Lynk on a whites detector?

zombiemax

Good morning all, Has anyone tried the Garrett wireless Z-lynk system on their whites detector yet. If so is it worth buying? Are the wireless headphones as good as Grey Ghost?

Thanks, good luck detecting!!

I'm using a Z-Lynk with my MX Sport.... works great with earbuds and most headphones...... low audio level when I use my Gray Ghost, have to crank up volume on the machine all the way.... everything else works great

Works fine on several White's; I use grey ghosts and white's ultra lights (my favorite).
Works just fine with MXSport, TreasurePro, Quantum II, DiPro, IDX, MXT Pro, Classic III etc.
On the DiPro you can mount the Z link transmitter on the beam between the arm cup and the handle,
it will be under your forearm but doesn't get in the way for me, not sure if you have large arms though.

I have been using these throughout the Summer, and they work great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076SHF6TF/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1C41W6V7R1EVA&psc=1

The key is that they are matched and LOW LATENCY. These are not just your standard bluetooth devices. It will beep when you cross the target - not a fraction of a second later.

They are much less expensive, they are smaller, and you can use any headphones or earbuds you like. I have an MX Sport, and I have the headphone adapter attached and zip tied under the battery box, facing to the right (I am right handed with my swing motion). I use a 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter and then plug the transmitter into it. It's out of the way and I never have a dropped connection. Works perfectly. Personally, I like just one earbud so I can hear what else is going on around me. I use this short wired earbud.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HONM14I/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IMIYIJQSP3JNY&colid=F8X4SGLKLLH9&psc=0

Laying down the machine to dig a target is so much nicer without having to deal with a cord. I am a parks and schools coin and jewelry hunter, so I'm not listening for the faint squeaks, but you could using isolating headphones with these if you wanted.

They are ten bucks cheaper now than when I bought them, and I think there might be a $5 coupon right now as well.

Note I have no affiliation with either of the products other than being a consumer. I'm just hunting for that elusive gold ring.

Andy

Thank you everyone... I just purchased one! can't wait to try it out. Hope the weather in the north east stays above freezing!!

Thank you,

jim

Thanks for the info I was considering the idea to use on my arsenal whites Blue & Gray Whites 6000 xl my Whites MX Sport my Minelab 5000 Gpx and coming soon a Garrett ATX