Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone used the X-T70 to hunt for gold nuggets

been using a few really small nuggets and some other test samples to try and learn the strengths (and weaknesses) of the Prospecting mode.

At this point I am comfortable stating that, to me, the X-Terra 70 is easily the better model of all the "multi-purpose" detectors out there. I would really like to see a smaller coil available in 7.5 kHz to try the Prospecting mode for some relic hunting applications, too.

Spring has arrived and I am sure that during the next 2-4 months we'll get some reports from X-T 70 users in nugget fields. It ought to be interesting.

Monte

but only because I cannot purchase one in my country at the moment. I think I'll wait till both the large and small D/D's in the 7.5khz are on the shelf as well as I favor the frequency. I've had the 30 out for quite a few hours, just for the hell of it, in very mild and heavily trashed mullock heaps, and on the dead quiet ground the preset G/B had no problems in identifying the small and larger iron which makes up the majority of trash, hittng with the good tone on two pieces.....1.7g and a 3.5g specimen.
Using the 30 on heavy ground is of coarse a lot of fun, not, with ground noise a constant beeping of the iron tone.

I need a new unit that will hunt both the heavily mineralized iron trashed sites and general ground, and truly believe that the 70's will offer, for the first time, the exact all rounder I've waiting for. I favour a single frequency over BBS or FBS, which I dont think I'll ever take too.