Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has anyone.....

tried to contact First Texas about getting the upgrade for the T-2? I called around 12:00 EST today and was transferred to someone who asked if I was a dealer. When I told her that I was a consumer and wanted to find out about sending my T-2 in for the upgrade, she transferred me to customer relations. I got a voicemail asking for the usual info, name phone number, etc. and promising a call back. The call back never came.

Has anyone else tried to get the info to send their detector in for the upgrade? If so, what kind of success did you have?

im considering a used t2. I called this am, asked for customer service. Got stuck with leaving a message. Never returned my call. I called back at noon, told the operator i never got called back.She said the customer service gal was off that day. I told her i was thinking about buying one. So she hooked me up with some gal. She told me the upgrade was available for 49$, but she did not know what the upgrade contained. She did not have a meeting yet with the upper manglement. My impression of this place is its either a real huge operation, with layers of beauracracy, or its modeled after the US government, or its just a plain old fly by night operation..
Im hoping they are not .
Do I need a t2??

Even without the upgrade, I am very happy with mine. The upgrade should only make it better. If you are looking at a used one be sure that it did not come in a white box from Cabellas.

If there is not going to be an upgrade, what is the R6 software that has been discussed in the posts below? Several weeks ago I was told by a lady at First Texas about an upgrade in software that would cost $49. Has this been dropped?

At any rate, they could have at least had the courtesy to return my call.

Notify your dealer if you want the Upgrade...But keep in mind that the T2 is already a great machine :) I mean really great. And the rev is just a software change it's not more power or Super Mod or anything of the sort.

It can work for you or maybe even against you. I chose to send mine in for the Rev. I like my nickles low toned. It's just a preference for me. I could live with the high tones but it was a benefit to me cause that how I'm used to hearing them!

Hard to teach the old dog a new trick I guess. But if it doesn't really bother you to have nickles ring high which could also be a benefit too..then I'd wait till a few machines had it done to be safe that no power is lost to the Rev!

Just trying to be cautious...
KCK

I agree, no real need to rush.