Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has the impact droppped the ball on updates

Low-Boy/LCPM

There is a detector from France and with each update they do, makes their machine able to do more and have more coils and Freq and a host of other changes. It seem to me they are not trying so design a new machine but attract new buyers with the updates. The new coils that are not cheep but are game changers. I have been reading that some hardcore relic hunters across the pond are using higher freq with the newer coils and finding more relics and coins. So why is the impact just kind of lagging on finding ways for us to get more out of our detectors?

I think the machine from France has got it down and I know their sales are still growing...I love my impact but would like to see it do more and I think it can if the company can focus on this detector more. Or are they going to make a new machine with all the changes added to their new flagship. Some of us don't want to keep buying new machines but would like ours to have software updates for better performance. It would be nice to see new freq coils but I'm thinking the design of the software may not allow it to do that where the company from France designed their machine to not become obsolete...

It is a Sunday morning and I'm having my cup of coffee and I don't hunt until fall so I have a lot of time to waste on my crazy ideas...

I don't think it's a crazy idea and was just thinking about the Impact and the deus yesterday. For a "flagship" detector you would think updates would be a priority. No update will make it waterproof but expanding it's frequencies and offering new coils, in multi or different frequency's, would at least make it more competitive.

The Impact very interesting, comfortable to use, has many options and useful features but not really offering much to set it apart.

Maybe we will get a surprise update but I'm not holding my breath.

They have had enough time to do a big update make money on coils and sell more impacts because it can do more with a big update...So far they have dropped the ball on this machine while the deus is plowing ahead

I've given this update thing quite a bit of thought over the last few years. I think it is a big advantage for manufacturers to be able to offer a do-it-at-home software update for newly introduced machines perchance there is any sort of quirk or trouble in the software that runs the machine. If I can update at home it saves time and money from shipping to and from a service center and reduces overall downtime.

As for performance upgrades, if a manufacture came out with 1 significant software update during the life of my detector, I think that would be great. Beyond that, I have to ask how long before the electronic components of my detector are the limiting factor to any performance increase and not the software? Something to think about anyway.

As for what's in the future, I am thinking that Nokta is going to have something coming out here with this coming Detectival in Europe. I've been impressed with the Makro/Nokta products I have and look forward to what is coming over the horizon.

Rich (Utah)

I just look at Deus and how their sales are through the roof because of their updates and higher freq coils. And they don't do one or two changes they also add new programs. I hope the new flagship Impact can live up to that standard

My 2 cents on the impact and updates. Out of all the modes and diff frequency's could they at least make one to hit on our Canadian clad as well as a $200 compadre??? That would be great !! as far as the impact vs deus, the future is uncertain for my impact but i am making room for a much lighter deus

Love my Deus it has found more silver and gold for me so ill stick to it!

Yes I'll be parting with the impact . Hopping to find a deal on a deus package . Love the impact but the weight is a deal breaker . Gold and silver is a bonus

cladcanada said:
Yes I'll be parting with the impact . Hopping to find a deal on a deus package . Love the impact but the weight is a deal breaker . Gold and silver is a bonus
Get a Deus with a HF coil they're less susceptible to EMI and work great on gold!
And I sold my Etrac because of weight bad tennis elbow I can swing my Deus all day!

I don't live across the pond and have been using the hf coils for relics for awhile now. BTW I don't own a black coil anymore.

hopefully the Impact is sold , will be Deus shopping very soon . The Impact is an awesome unit , but now left in the dust due to many new machines as of late . Calabash Digger, I'd love to see you do a head to head on the impact and the Deus . would be very interesting

Re: Has the impact droppped the ball on updates: Don't fix it if it's not broke. The only updates I've seen on detectors has been to fix issues or problems. Like on the Whites V3i, or Minelab Nox, or DEUS. I haven't had any issues with the Impact that I felt needed to be fixed, like I did with the others I had.