Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Has the technology changed in the last 10 years?

I have not posted in a very long time. Actually have not detected either. I would like to know if the technology on todays machines are better than what they were 10 years ago. A lot of the machines I have looked at on the net seem to be the same models. I am looking to buy a new unit but cant figure out what I want. What would be a nice unit to get today that won't break the bank and would be good for all around use up here in Alberta Canada.
Thanks

How big is “the bank”? As far as “all around” (coins, jewelry, some gold nuggets, water, light, quick….) the Equinox 800 is where it seems to be. All for less than 1K. As for the tech part…it does run “Multi-IQ” technology which is DIFFERENT….but I’m not sure it’s “new technology”. It just takes existing technology and makes it play differently, from my limited understanding.

And if you want to get in cheaper the Simplex + has lot's of options ( bell's and whistles ). About $337 with wirelesss headphones and water proof.

Its a bit like buying a car…… write down your expectations and then see which brand or model comes closest. Any of the brand name “cars” are going to get you where you want to go. A Yugo will get you across town as easy as a Hellcat. But as stated, what is the bank? And are you willing to learn a new language? My Fisher has a different dialect that the Minelabs for sure but I find as much and miss as much as they do too but it works both ways as well. 2centsworth.

Thanks for the replies guys. The bank needs to be between 4 and $700.00 up here in Canada. So the Minelab Vanquish 540, Fisher F44, Garrett ace Apex or Ace 400, Simplex + are some of the units I am looking at. The problem for me is that in my city there are few places I can actually see and touch. I have to rely on the internet and then order it.

The Equinox 600 might come close and could make up the the bank difference pretty quickly. SMF seems to be the latest new technology. Good luck! HH jim tn