Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Have 8” and 5” (waterproof?) coils for my CZ7a Pro. What would I gain by buying a 10.5” coil for it?

RodPNW

Wondering what practical advantage the 10.5” has over the two smaller coils. The 5” is a solid white coil, which appears to be sealed against water; for surf hunting?
I’ve only been using the 8” coil and it’s working well.

Thanks for sharing your insights and experiences.

Last edited:
Wondering what practical advantage the 10.5” has over the two smaller coils. The 5” is a solid white coil, which appears to be sealed against water; for surf hunting?
I’ve only been using the 8” coil and it’s working well.

Thanks for sharing your insights and experiences.
The 8” coil is excellent for coin shooting on land . The 10.5 “ coil is just to heavy. You would probably benefit on the beach with it.

Increased depth, more coverage and a sore arm. Maybe it would be good in the water. For me the weight of the coil is the most important consideration when considering comfort.

I found the 10.5 inch has too much water drag for me to use in the water and thus use the 8 inch coil. On the open sand the 10.5 covers more ground and is a little deeper; although the 8 inch coil is very good. For land hunting I nearly always use the 8 inch coil and found few places I'd consider the bigger coil. In very trashy areas the 5 inch goes on. If you are going to do a lot of beach sand hunting, picking up the 10.5 inch coil might be a good option, other wise you are equipped well as you are now.