Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Have a coil question for f75

Bigtom123

I just bought a new F75+,and I have a question that I’ve googled and looked for but cannot find by myself..I’ve been hunting a local park lately,never have until last fall but it has given up some real nice old silvers..So,I got the F75+ and I’m looking at a smaller coil..I have dug a lot of old screw caps there,I mean a lot.And I’m going after coins and jewlery,so can the 3x6 concentric fisher coil do better on identifying screwcaps over the 5 inch fisher coil?

Easy question for me, I have both of those coils and I have had much better luck with the 3x6 concentric elliptical coil.

Ron in WV

Never ceases to amaze me when a guy asks a question about a certain detector and two different coils and low and behold he finds Ron in WV who has the exact setup he asked about! Thanks Ron I have wondered about that too!

:beers: Your welcome,

Ron in WV

Thanks Ron,appreciate the info..I’m not new to the F75ltd2,had a few in the past.But I’ve never used a concentric coil on really anything but I’ve never ran into so many screw caps either..And they’re all in the same area of the park that’s giving up buffalos,mercs,Washington’s and standers..Does the ID jump around on screwcaps or do they read lower with a concentric coil vs. dd?

I have really grown to like concentric coils. Not 100 % perfect, but a whole lot better on bottle caps then DD coils, for sure. They also are a little deeper it seems, coil size being equal. HH jim tn

Are you digging aluminum screw caps or the alloy steel crown caps?
I don't know which coil would help with the aluminum caps, but with the rusty crown caps
the little 4"x 6" being a concentric will give you an advantage over the 5" DD

MarkCZ

MarkCZ said:
Are you digging aluminum screw caps or the alloy steel crown caps?
I don't know which coil would help with the aluminum caps, but with the rusty crown caps
the little 4"x 6" being a concentric will give you an advantage over the 5" DD

MarkCZ

The aluminum screw caps,off of old quart bottles of booze..the