Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Have the Legend for a couple of weeks

How much do you lose at 62 compared to 64 ?
I took early retirement at 62 and if I would have waited till 65 i would have received around $700 more per month but here is the thing to make up that amount I lost it would take me quite a few years you actually loose more by waiting

there is a easy way to figure it calculate what you would receive now by two years according to your numbers say you get $1400 per month if you take early retirement now 1400 x 24 months you would collect $33600 in the two years minus any withholding's they take but if you wait and say your SS is $2100 in two years you will loose out on $31500 and no one really knows when their number is up

those numbers are just numbers I pulled out of my Behind and mean nothing but that is the decision you have to make when it comes to social security beni's do you wait two years and collect $2100 or do you take early retirement and collect an even larger amount of $31500 in those two years I took the early retirement route because the luck I have I would kill over after I received my first check two years later

here is something else for you to ponder on true story I had a friend that was in his 70s he kept putting off applying for his SS still working on April 1st 2019 my wife was struck by a hit and run driver while she was walking that same day I received a call from my friend's wife me thinking they were returning my phone call that I had made to them about my wife being hit by that hit and run driver, NO what she was calling me about was to inform me that my friend which was like a brother to me had suddenly passed away from a massive coronary he never collected a dime of social security and it was a nightmare for his wife, I will tell you if you wait have all your affairs in order or loved ones will suffer the consequences of your actions.

Last edited:
Welcome Rick,
I bought into the pro package with the bonus pack, and the price was low enough that I purchased the backpack for it while I was at it !!…All the added toys were great to have, and couldn’t be beat for the money….You will find both positives, and negatives with the Legend….Hopefully in time the negatives will be ironed out with updates…It’s a wait and see game….As it stands, it’s not a bad machine at all…There are some work arounds that you will stumble on and fixes along the way….Spend some time getting familiar with it….Good Luck, and ask anything on the forum….It’s a good bunch here… Jim
Hello Rick, would you mind sharing who you purchased the pro package with the bonus? I think i'll be ordering myself one, thanks for sharing11 EddieB

I took early retirement at 62 and if I would have waited till 65 i would have received around $700 more per month but here is the thing to make up that amount I lost it would take me quite a few years you actually loose more by waiting

there is a easy way to figure it calculate what you would receive now by two years according to your numbers say you get $1400 per month if you take early retirement now 1400 x 24 months you would collect $33600 in the two years minus any withholding's they take but if you wait and say your SS is $2100 in two years you will loose out on $31500 and no one really knows when their number is up

those numbers are just numbers I pulled out of my Behind and mean nothing but that is the decision you have to make when it comes to social security beni's do you wait two years and collect $2100 or do you take early retirement and collect an even larger amount of $31500 in those two years I took the early retirement route because the luck I have I would kill over after I received my first check two years later

here is something else for you to ponder on true story I had a friend that was in his 70s he kept putting off applying for his SS still working on April 1st 2019 my wife was struck by a hit and run driver while she was walking that same day I received a call from my friend's wife me thinking they were returning my phone call that I had made to them about my wife being hit by that hit and run driver, NO what she was calling me about was to inform me that my friend which was like a brother to me had suddenly passed away from a massive coronary he never collected a dime of social security and it was a nightmare for his wife, I will tell you if you wait have all your affairs in order or loved ones will suffer the consequences of your actions.
I heard its a big difference and oldkoot has a point but heres the thing, you also loose 40 + hours a week for two years of your time and life. Only you know if that is worth it to you.
Someone with a bad heart or other health conditions two years can be alot. Hate to put it in such a negative way
If we all lived to 100 then yeah its a no brainer

I heard its a big difference and oldkoot has a point but heres the thing, you also loose 40 + hours a week for two years of your time and life. Only you know if that is worth it to you.
Someone with a bad heart or other health conditions two years can be alot. Hate to put it in such a negative way
If we all lived to 100 then yeah its a no brainer
not necessarily you can still work and draw SS you can make up to a certain amount above what your SS is, now SS Disability is totally different you can not make anything more and social security disability you collect almost full retirement which when you reach regular full retirement age if you are on SS disability, your benefits will not change once you hit full retirement age