Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Have two more coils coming !

dougmanning

Digger and 10.5 7.5 khz ; thats makes five ! will let you guys know how i like them , i think they will be great ! i metal detect a few days a week ! so i will give them a good testing, i have liked every coil so far; i did used the e-trac, it finds silver well, but so does the 70 and 705 ; the x-terras are a joy to used ! Doug

I think you will like the digger. I'm happy with mine so far. It gives good clear signals on copper and silver. I've picked out several coins right next to trash targets with mine already! Good luck with them both. Let us know how you like the 10.5 DD if you could. I think it is next on my list to pick up for my 505. :detecting:

I have used the 10.5 DD 7.5kHz on my 705 the last two times out and it works like a charm! I have picked dimes in between foil and iron. It is simple to pinpoint with. I have read complaints about the added weight but it didn't bother me at all. Most of the places I have hunted range from the low 20s to low 30s in mineralization. The DD and the stock coil seem to work just fine for me.

I have the Digger and the stock 7.5 kHz concentric. My next coil will be the 18.75 DD as my soil conditions are hot.

I tested the 6" Minelab coil for some bakers that came in trying to find small shards of metal in the dough as it passes down a line. Slapped that 18.75khz Minelab Coil on the 705 and it picked up a staple stretched out and crunched together at about 2-3 inches on an air test. Impressed me. Tested the same staple to the Eureka Gold at 60khz with the 10" DD stock coil on there, and it missed it completely. Barely picked it up on the air test even against the coil. Tried 20khz too, same result. So to say the least, that 6" Minelab coil is impressive in my book and the bakers were sold on it.

Edit: Got mixed up with the Digger and the Minelab 6" coil. But I will keep that information up and just replace Digger with the correct coil I tested. It is still good to know.

Just wondered if you had used the 3hz coil, because I've heard and seen it in the forums that the 3hz is a killer on silver.