Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Have you ever noticed ................

Elton

How much Fan Fair is put on which detector one uses.. Rather than How well does the person using a particular detector do with it.

I truly believe no matter the detector you use,"If you learn how to use it properly". Learn the detectors limits, and abilities, you will do fine.

I can prove the above statement too. Just read all the forums and learn what everyone is finding with their choice of detectors..

I also know from experience that it isn't always the detector.. I have never done well with one of the absolute top of the line detectors no matter how much I used it.. Just didn't work for me. Does that mean the detector was as billed..No..It just means it wasn't my type of detector, nor my type of detecting machine. The detector was awesome.. it was me...

Yet I have used far less ( BY Popular opinions ) and did very well... Why is this... I knew what I was working with..Learned it, and hunted with an open mind. Sight areas has a lot to do with finds too.
True all our American Sights have been around for geographical purposes for Thousands of years.. For we Americans, and living on the lands, since at least 1776......... So we pretty much expect to find coins etc from that starting point to present day losses..... So good areas to detect does make a difference .

Your ability to learn the machine, the history, and your personal willingness to put forth effort also makes the difference...

I guess what I am saying is.Use what you have......... believe in your abilities to find the GOOD STUFF and it will be found... A different model detector may help some, but mostly it will be the person detecting that makes the difference...........

I agree. In fact I've had a slightly different thought along these lines. How many times do we see "my super xy detector finds (whatever)" when truth be told, any capable detector would have found it easily had it been under the coil. Along the same line, outings where lots of goodies are found are generally more about location (and maybe persistence) than any given model of detector. I don't mean to belittle anyone's detector or posts as I enjoy reading about finds, just throwing out what I feel are realistic thoughts as to the way detecting works most of the time with added respect to those that make the deeper, rare finds more often.
BB

Well said Elton.

WHAT?! Repent for thou speakest heresy!

:shocked:

Heeheehee.....

USE WHAT YOU HAVE....could not have been more true in my case..I was given a ML..X30 back in 12/06.I had never owned or knew anything about the different manufacturers of MDs..other than White's.I could not have been happier with what i got or the fact that my GF got such a good sales person when buying it,he sold her on a good ,versatile,beginner,turn on and go machine,that i made the best of for 5 years...one MD and One Coil for 5 years....IT was not until the beginning of this year that i...joined this forum,joined a club,knew anything about Kellyco,bought 2 new MDs,tried different coils,bought a scoop and something other than a garden trowel to dig with...(still no pin pointer)....or even knew anything about the true fundamentals/ins and outs of MDing...In the 5 years of MDing on my own,I learned with the X30 and learned it well, it was all i new,and i had no other input to say different,where to hunt and what to dig, were all trial and error...till i came across Findmall,"Digger" and the other seasoned MDers on this site...That OPENED my eyes to MDing in a new light...being a new-be for 5 years,and pretty much a self-taught MDer,Findmall Forums gave me alot of insight and know how to be able to expand my equipment and abilities........I found everything with the X30 that the coil detected..it found me 4000 quarters,silver coins,gold and silver rings,chains and much more...and i attribute this to learning and using the MD i had at the time to the best of its capabilities and mine...GL HH

Sounds like you did great.......... and Sir..I don't think your a newbie anymore LOL... More like seasoned detectorist I would say..:biggrin::thumbup:

-- moved topic --