Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Having a problem with my Garmin GPS 38

The batteries died in my Garmin GPS 38. I installed a new set of batteries and powered it up. Instead of the unit displaying all of the satellites overhead and their signal strengths it only displays satellite number 01 and it is always positioned on the northern horizon. I tried choosing my location from the country list but this changed nothing. I don't think the batteries were dead for too long because the memory retained all of my waypoints and routes. Any ideas?

Thanks Andrew. I'll try that and see what happens. Last night after I posted the question I left it on for a while and it started auto locating. I thought I might need to leave it on for a long time but didn't want to stay up that long. I will try today. Appreciate the help! ~John