Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Having fun at the old mine!

ToneTime

[attachment 300194 1412102853189.jpg]
I took my outlaw with the 7" concentric coil out this morning to an old mine I found. Here are some of my finds. I had a great time getting out the weather was nice. I found 3 older wheat pennies and some mining tags and some other interesting stuff. When I get these cleaned up I'll post another pic. I kept the disc low at or below foil and dug all good signals and some iffy ones. The outlaw runs smooth. Thanks for looking!

[attachment 300195 1412104431090.jpg]
The wheat pennies ended up being 1917,1919, and 1920 dates.

That looks like an interesting place to detect. You might find some silver coins there that were dropped by the workers. Do know how long the mine has been there?

tabman

you are in some good ground

Tabman, I am not sure how old the mine is. I have been trying to research the area to find out what was all there and when with little luck so far. As far as other coins that I found there, the oldest was a 1884 Indian head penny and the newest was a 1923 buffalo nickel. I do find some interesting stuff from time to time and enjoy every minute of it. Silver is hard to come by around here but all I can do is keep trying.

those are very nice finds. i hear ya on the silver. i started this back in april. found 3 silver coins in the first month and a half. only silver i have got since june is a spoon. been at many promising spots. but, the silver coins just are not coming up. got a lot of other good stuff though.

Nice finds, I remember my grandfather was a coal miner he kept his tag nailed to the wall. It would be cool to look up to see who they belong to.

Ken

A lot of mines used to pay their workers in "script" (I think that is what is was called, correct me if I am wrong) which they could use at the "company store" and pretty much no where else. So while I'm sure there are siver coins around they may just be few and far between. Still, looks like a great place to hunt, the tags and other stuff is always fun to find. Keep at it as I'm sure you will find silver and lots of other cool stuff, and by the way, nice finds..........

Jeff