Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

having fun with the compadre

larbear

It has been interesting to see the comments regarding the Mojave. I imagine a lot of people are eager to add one to their detector collection if they haven't done so already. It sure is tempting.

I hadn't used my Compadre for awhile. But I got it out today for a hunt at a basketball court. I had a little over an hour to hunt before I had to go to work. No screen to look at so I moved along fairly quickly, dug a lot of targets before I had to leave.

I thought it was an interesting variety of finds, a whistle, couple of junk rings, a medic alert on a chain, junk bracelet and some trash of course. The nickels were almost double the dimes, usually it is the other way.

I was using the small coil, disc on the r in iron. Dug most, but not all repeatable signals, had a good time. $2.52 to add to the clad count. HH & GL

Time well spent. I like hunt around the basketball courts. I remember the first time I hunted one. That has been manyyears ago. I found all kinds on money. I had a blast.
You got a lot of nice finds too.. KEN

ha! Same here. All the Mojave talk got me to use mine most of the week. Almost fell out when I found two rings, which turned out to be junk. Like you say, my nickel count increased., and it seems to love dimes, too.:thumbup:

Nice haul!!
Old basketball court at my complex doesn't even have basketball rims anymore lol. Found my first silver there. 64 half dollar.
I live my compadres. Always will hold a special place in my heart. First real to me detector.
Can't beat the price!!

Nice haul there. Just plain fun pulling good stuff out of the ground. Instead of being a spectator, you play all 9 positions, at once.

It's really hard not to take the Compadre out for a walk. Always ready to go, one simple knob, and its so easy to use. Great too as a toss in the truck "just in case" detector. About the only real problem is that it works so well the average person can buy one and never need another detector unless it's to equip a hunting mate. I hunt some spots that have been worked over by any number of high priced geeked out units. Somehow they miss stuff the Compadre manages to hit. It's detector that belongs in everyone's machine lineup. I try and get mine out as often as work allows. Next week is a road trip to a hotel with a great empty lot next door. The west end of the parking lot gets all the runoff before heading down lower site next door. It's loaded with coins. Can't wait. Last year the Compadre filled a coffee can in about 2 hours.

My favorite hit with a Compadre is a coin spill. Rat-a-tat-tat! instead of one big sound and mixed ID on other detectors.

Lol. It's funny because even before I picked up the vast array of detectors I have now and even after, there's something about that compadre that I love. Well many things but it's the stuff I can't name that gets me.

Even if I'm sitting at home relaxing having some drinks and get the urge to go out when the sun isn't burning in the summer, I love to grab the compadre. Even if I've had a few, that one knob is so easy lol. Living in an apartment has its perks I guess. Just go out my door and walk around swinging the compadre haha.

I know I will never let them go. Have turned many on to the hobby with them. Just great machines that blow anything near its price out of the water.

And I agree about the rat-at-at-at. After using my ace and getting that, I was shocked. Did some tests and realized that anything within 4" of each other gave one tone lol. I can line up different coins and that compadre will hit each one

slingshot said:
My favorite hit with a Compadre is a coin spill. Rat-a-tat-tat! instead of one big sound and mixed ID on other detectors.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.......the soothing sounds of separation!
Can't beat it.

Noah