Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

hawaii beaches????

JOHNMARKHAM

ok in the future if im able id love to detect the beaches in hawaii, so what im wondering is what are the conditions like? which detector should i take and what should i expect? when is the best time of the year to go??
any info would be nice
thanks
john

Aloha John,

The beaches here are used all year round, most of the hunter here use the Excal or DF. Waikiki Beach is always crowded with people so obviously there is a lot of hunters out there as well so success is all about timing I guess.

im not sure which island yet,my daughter is there on one of the islands in the navy,she keeps telling me to come over,she says shell even send me a ticket,i just gotta make the time to go and then get the wifes approval to go?im thinking since she let me detect on our honey moon she might let me goto hawaii and hunt??? lol lol i just might have to get another ticket for this trip tho..lol.lol im sure it would be the best thing to do...my daughter says theres a beach she goes to allot and she tells me shes never seen a detector on it,so this does excites me...but just not sure as to when and what detector to take, as i do have an excal,my garret ATpro, ive been thinking of getting a df,not really sure why but been thinking about it tho,and then theres the etrac...so ....???/i should be ok right???:detecting::clapping:

John,

If your Daughter is in the Navy then more than likely she is on the same Island as me which is Oahu and believe me when I say that there is no beach on this island that is virgin. The hunters are either there early in the morning before everyone gets there or late afternoon, after everyone has left. You should be good with the excal for sure but I don't know anyone that hunts with the ATpro over here so I can't tell you if you will do good with it or not. I use an excal and the seahunter and they both kick butt. Everyone likes it in the summer time here but then again it is paradise all year round..

wow thanks for the info.maybe next year ill make the trip sometime? shes offered to pay for a ticket to come, i just gotta talk the wife into letting me go,? but on the other hand id rather have my wife with me too...ill just plan on bringing my excal with me and scoop, should be good to go, thanks for the info..
ill message you if we get there and we can hook up for a hunt?
hh
john

I'm going to Maui in Jan. Taking the Excal for the wet and water and the tesoro for the dry sand. Lots of beaches but not the same amount of goodies I don't think in Kihea. North to Kanapali might be better though.
Good luck
Doc