Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Hawaiian Islands

HuntinDog

Hi all...
I'm taking a trip to the islands and would like to know if anyone has any suggestions on settings for the beaches.
I don't have any beaches close around me and therefore haven't setup me Deus for the hunt.
I know we have dry/wet beach, but are there any tweeks that may help.

Has anybody hunted any of the Hawaiian islands???
Do you know of any regulations I may need to be aware of??

Thanks for any help...

HH

From another board:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilton View Post
Does anybody know the laws/rules for Hawaii? I recently got orders to Hickam, pearl harbor joint base. It's right beside Honolulu. Is there specific times of the year to hunt? Certain beaches? Same laws for o'ahu and Maui?

Any info is appreciated or if you know a specific site that would list the detecting laws for over there. Thanks guys!! Looks like I will be selling my dirt digging stuff for some water detecting equipment. I can't wait!
City & State Parks are off limits to metal detecting. Only a few beaches on Oahu are off limits to include Hanama Bay (below the high tide mark), Bellows, and the 4 lagoons at Koolina. All other beaches are free to hunt all year long. No permits required. Maui has similar laws but I'm unfamiliar with which beaches may be off limits.

Jim

Don't be a hater... just because I'm going to Hawaii.

Thank you Jim for your info about the laws.

Amazing... over 100 views and only 1 reply

Guess I'll wing it.

I did have a nice chat with Andy and he had some very good suggestions. thank you

I'll be running one of the programs out of his book. We shall see how it goes....

HH