Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Head Phone Cord Repair?

chinacash

I have two sets of headphones and both are starting to come on and off due to a cord inside line break down around the plug...Can they be repaired and is it worth the time to try and do it?
Thanks for any info....
Phones look like new, Seems like a waste!

it ain't easy. Depending on the style of the plug and the wire inside. Most nowadays are molded rubber. Cut the rubber off. Check out the wiring. It's usually very small and of a type that's hard to solder. Find the break. You may only have to strip back some of the insulation to solder it back to the plug. You may have to cut the cord and strip all of the wires to make it work. When you're done, tape it up or use heat shrink to cover it. I've done it and it works but it will usually break again. Use either a 25 or 40 watt soldering iron.

Good Luck,
Dave

Thanks for the info,,,may be more trouble than its worth...I will give it a try and see what I can do!!!Does anyone reinforce the cord before they use it, if so then how?