Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Head Phones

Nomad NJ

Which are better for my Vaq. Grey Ghost Ultimate or Killer B Wasp. I now have the Original Grey Ghost that I use for my Vag and Minelab Sov GT.

What you want from headphones is clear, distortion free sound.

The current manufactured Sun Ray Gold are "very nice" headphones.
The out of print Troy Pro headphones are really nice.

Quality headphones are always high Ohm units.
Around 32 Ohm you begin to get into some crisper sound.
Then comes 50 Ohm, and on up to 300 Ohm if your game for it.

Also comfort is an issue. Like a radio host, there is many hours of wear involved.
Radio host spend good money for nice units that they wear for hours on end, day in and day out.

I have all kinds of headphones, in fact I have a brand new pair of "Treasure Hunter" Audiophones
32 Ohm, Mylar Cone Speakers, Soft Padded Headband and Earcups, they block external noise very well.
Nice headphones, like $40.00 in the box.

It just depends on your budget.
You should have a main set you use all the time, and some nice sounding backups.

You want headphones that fit and reduce the external noise. Sound quality is also a very important. Better headphones give clearer, crisper tones that help you understand what your machine is telling you. I use the Killer B II headphones and for me they do an outstanding job. As with every thing in detecting it is different strokes for different folks and we all have different likes and dislikes. You would need to test some cans to see what you like the best. Either of the ones you listed should give you good service.

I have tried some cheaper cans and they do not do the job for me. Even purchased a pair of the Koss UR-30's and was very disappointed with them. They did not fit and the sound quality was not up to my expiations. So I gave them away

Anyone have an opinion of the DetectorPro Black Widow Metal Detector Headphones?

-- moved topic --

Nomad NJ said:
Which are better for my Vaq. Grey Ghost Ultimate or Killer B Wasp. I now have the Original Grey Ghost that I use for my Vag and Minelab Sov GT.
My brother has set of grey ghost original that be bought over three years ago, he let me try them with my f5 about a year ago and I loved them. I ordered some ultimate grey ghost thinking they would be even better but when I got them I was very disappointed with the sound, now I paid 129$ for these headphones. I called the manufacturer and explained my issue and he told me the newer headphones have a cheaper grade speaker because the old type was to expensive for them to buy. They did an upgrade for me for another 30$ which he said was a great deal because he was just covering his cost. They came back with the same sound as my brother's original grey ghost. Bottom line the newer isn't always better.