Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headed to Kauai Hawaii!!

gmccool

Well its time for a well earned vacation and I will be going to Kauai HI for two weeks finishing up with a week at Waikiki Beach. I have been to Waikiki Beach several times and just this past December I pulled 2 rings off the beach and one in the water with my new Garrett Beach Hunter. This year I will only be taking my New Garrett AT PRO! No room for mistakes I have done my best to make sure that I don't mess anything up. This will be my first trip to Kauai so if anyone has any tips or advice on hunting the beaches there I would greatly appreciate hearing from them. I will be staying on the South side of the Island for about 16 days!! After that its off to Waikiki for a weak of detecting before we head back to Washington! I love detecting on Waikiki beach in Honolulu as you have the opportunity to meet some really nice people. Of course there are a few caractords roaming the beaches at night to!
Well thanks for any assistance that you can provide!!
Greg

But................always figured I would never come back if I did ...... and I'm serious when I say that...:shrug:

I am also going to hawaii on 6-21. will bethere for about 12 days 2 or 3 days each island.taking my cz-5. staying at embassy hotels all islands. any suggestions appreaciated.

gmccool and patch
Check out the islands, using Google Earth. We visited Kauai, Maui and Oahu in January. First trip out was in '73.
On Kauai the beaches around Poipu or Hanalei bay might be good. Some high end real estate there.
Get ready for the birds, as in wild chickens. They are simply all over the island, from the ocean to Waimea Canyon.
Hope you grab a car and just drive. You can't get lost the road ends on either side of the island.
You will have plenty of time to see all the sights.
Try and check out Waimea Canyon. Kilohana plantation has a very nice restaurant and a rum sampling bar.
On Maui
Mama's Fish House is one of the best places to eat. Pricey but WOW.
Kimo's in Lahaina is also great along with the Old Lahaina Luau
If you like wine, Maui's winery is on the slopes of Haleakala, featuring pineapple wine. Grapes no, pineapples tons. A little off the beatin' track, but worth it.
The Big Island has Volcanos National Park, a must see.
Hugo's in Kailua-Kona has a great sunset along with a great meal.
When in Honolulu
Dukes on Waikiki for breakfast
Hy's Steak House and Roys for supper.

Hang Loose and Aloha

Shipwreck Beach in the sand. The shore break here is dangerous and water hunting is not too safe. Poipu Beach all the way across the beach side of the hotels to the west of Poipu Beach in the south. Also Salt Pond Beach is a high traffic locals beach over near Hanapepe. Try the east side of that beach over near the area where the locals mine the salt. If you get a chance to see someone harvesting the salt it is really interesting. If you are on the east side north of Lihue, try Lydgate State Park Beach if the wind hasn't pushed the driftwood over the lava rock breakwall. No wave action here due to the breakwall. Have found gold and platinum there both in the water and on the sand. It was closed in March due to the driftwood when I was there this year and two years ago.

You know, there's a lot more to the islands than what I mentioned. One thing I should have said is, take the Navy tour to the Arizona Memorial. You will relive that day. Try to take the time, it's well worth it.
On other thing. There are ABC stores all over the place and a tour guide once told me, Always Bring Cash.
Have a Mai Tai for me.
Aloha