Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Heading back...

September 4th to VA Beach with the family for our annual trip. I've been hanging out just reading posts last few weeks, forgot I even had a username here from a year ago!

Anyway, I have my White's 5900 Di Pro SL that I brought down last year and did okay...as long as I stayed in the DRY sand. Wet sand makes that thing crazy! No gold, but found a couple dollars in clad and some junk rings. I think I got about 2-3 hours of hunting.

I have been itching to try one of the Excal 1000's that I have read so much about since last year. I saw someone running one down the lane and it seemed like he was hitting a lot of targets, had it set up as a hipmount. Not sure if it was someone on the forum...

Has anybody tried the Excal at inland lakes? I am debating the purchase, but have been unable to locate one at a "bargain" price. Hate to spend $1100 on a new one and use it one week a year! If I could justify it by using it around home I might feel better. Can't find one for rent either..:sadwalk:

Hope there's some storm action before we get there, sounds like the finds are really slow lately.

Anybody want to loan/rent/sell their extra Excal in a couple weeks? :biggrin:

If things work out, I'd like to meet up with some of you VA Beach guys for some pointers, provided I can get my hands on one of these detectors :spin:

Scott