Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

heading to clearwater any tips

Snagglepuss

Heading to clearwater beach for a few days any tips for a saltwater newbie ?im taking my excalibur ii and have only hunted fresh water with it.thanks in advance for any help Darren Holz

Be sure to say hi to all the hunters! Been here for two weeks and I believe there has never been a section of sand or water that you couldn't see someone hunting. Sure is nice down here!
Cliff

The main difference is that you will have to use a lower sensitivity setting. I usually set mine between 6 and 7 when in salt water. Clearwater Beach gets hammered every day but you could still make some nice finds. Good luck!

Don't pet sharks, no midnight 'cuda tweeking and those drinks called "hurricanes" are called that for a reason. Oh, and fruity sweet rum drinks can blind side you like a New York city cab. But a day on the beach with detector in hand sure beats working...

Thanks for all the info going to spend 2 nights at clearwater and might head to new symera for,a,day finds dont really matter just better than working thanks again all.

Water temp 76 degrees.
Nicebeach but seriously over hunted.

Beautiful beach, friendly hunters! Over hunted, but try to hit it every chance you get... I just left after 11 days and found 5 rings, 1 earring,and a silver charm. I've done better in Michigan, but things change hourly in the ocean, so ...anything is possible!!! Good luck and let us know whatcha find!

"Z"

Well ill say targets are few and far between hunted new symera beach in the,water and dry sand hunted for around 8 hours couldnt hardly swing or carry my scoop i was shot ended up with lots of pull tabs bottle caps and .76 cents and 2 keys.than headed to clearwater went about 1 mile in waist deep water never even hit a target tham walked back on dry sand lots of pull tabs foil caps and 1 penny for around 2 hours hunting well maybe tomorrow will be better i guess if it was easy everyone would be doing it thanks for all the info Darren