Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphone adapter

undersc0re

I would like to cut the headphone cable off the garrett headphones and connect it to some ear buds instead of paying for the adapter.....is this possible or does the adapter have some sort of resistor in it as well? Those headphones are so hot!!!

Well, You can cut the cord and splice another into it. I do recommend the adaptor. It is made to fit the ATP and comes with a Clip that mounts under the arm cuff that allows the adaptor male end to be clipped under the arm cuff. After you get that you can easily change from 1/4 inch ear phones to another, or, get a 1/4 to 1/8 inch adaptor from Radio Shack and use any phones or buds you want.

Open the Garrett headphone and unsolder the cord.......use the whole length as in picture.

HP-Adapter_600.jpg

ivanll

ahhhhh volume control....forgot about that unless a resistor thrown in my earbud mod to have a good set volume for life would work.

I use the Garrett Adapter with an extention from Radio Shack. It cost a little over $10. with a 1/8 plug and in line volume control, with a clip on it. I clip it to my pouch, nail apron, and plug my ear buds into it. The two make the cord very long. Unlike the Garrett Headphones, My short self can stand up without pulling them off. Sometimes the cord is too long and gets tangled or snagged on the detector or digger. Not a big deal. Someday cordless phones would be nice, but are too expensive for now. And the ear buds don't make your ears hot. I also like being able to hear what's going on around me.

Ivan-that's an awesome setup!

OK,, Walked all the way downstairs to my car just for you. Radio Shack In-line Volume Control Headphone Adapter, part #4200964($10.99). The Gold part is the 1/4 to 1/8 adapter (around $5.65). Setup gives me plenty of cord and is cheap. I had one in line adapter go bad, but Radio Shack replaced it without hassle. The adapter has a clip that I clip to my nail apron. I can use any headphones or ear buds I want with this setup. If I can afford wireless I'll do that, if they can be ear buds. Headphones get really hot here in the summer.