Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphone Jack - shocked!

Ezer19

I openend my omega to clean the display from inside, i noticed, that insects builded cocoons inside and there were dead larves.
how often i lay down the device before i dig a signal beside me and sometimes it falls over...
Rarely i use headphones.
there is a big hole in our devices that gives dust, insects!, water the chance to
attack the electronic inside. i taped the hole, but is not the best solution i think....

Sorry for the bad english ;)

Ezer19 said:
I openend my omega to clean the display from inside, i noticed, that insects builded cocoons inside and there were dead larves.
how often i lay down the device before i dig a signal beside me and sometimes it falls over...
Rarely i use headphones.
there is a big hole in our devices that gives dust, insects!, water the chance to
attack the electronic inside. i taped the hole, but is not the best solution i think....

Sorry for the bad english ;)

Another entry place is around the knob shafts, get a few drops of water in one of them and well its off for repairs.
You should be able to find some type of a 1/4" rubber plug for the headphone jack, and a couple of proper size FAT O-rings under the knobs would seal them a bit.

Mark

Thats why i prefer the minelab control box Design (x-Terra) no mechanical components and full sealed.

are supposed to have only the ¼" jack and a headphone jack plug [size=small](for those who don't use headphones)[/size], but there are a lot of plugs out there that you can get for your detector. They will work fine for your earlier release Omega. I have a number of them in my parts kit that I have removed from White's and other brands that came with the plug in the hole when purchased. Just ask any friend or buddy, or even a local White's Dealer, if they have one to spare. They will probably just give you one.

Monte