Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphone padding mod

MikeLab

I cut two doughnut-shaped pieces of closed cell foam about 3/16 inch think and put it inside my headphones under the padding. I removed the original padding first. It just slips over the speaker like a sock and is fairly easy to remove and replace. I used some old sleeping pad closed cell foam I got at Wal-Mart and had to slice it in half so it is thin enough to fit and still allows the original padding to fit properly. Be sure to use the closed cell foam because it does not absorb sweat. Works great for ears that stick out.

This is an easy modification. I suppose you could just use a 1/8 inch thick piece of plastic as a spacer, but you would probably need to taper or round the edges by your ear. They say you don't want any distractions while hunting and this one definitely helped me. And it's not just these headphones. I bought an expensive pair a few years ago that always bugged me. I got a dog bite on one ear that had to be sewed up and the other ear also had some repair work. Anyway it sure is nice now.