Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphone problem?

I broke out the ATpro after a dry spell (the heat). I am only getting one channel on 4 different sets
of headphones that all worked before. I changed the batteries even tho was showing fully charged,
disconnected HP adapter from control box and checked it out, twisted HP plug slowly, wiggled connector wires and
finally did a reset. No joy. Any other suggestions? We're headed up to Tenn. to visit grandkids and
I can get by til we get back if I have to send it in. Thanks

My headphones have a mono/stereo switch on the side the wire goes to. If urs does also whatever position it's in turn the switch to the other position, see if that makes a difference-.

Adding an inline volume control (available at Radio Shack or eBay, etc.) solves some problems. I had to add one to silence the speaker on the detector, and I get sound on both sides. A stereo to mono adaptor might also solve the problem.

I should have added I also have the in-line volume control. My Garrett headphones, Sunray Pro golds, Auvio wireless, and another
backup set all do the same. One channell only, right side only. They all work fine on my other detectors. Speaker works fine.
I think its probably in the control box or the Garrett phone adapter. I'll probably send it in when we get back from our trip.

Did you try it w/o the inline volume control? If not, remove it and try it with the Garrett stock headphones directly connected.

Also, that little pin on the OEM connector is easy to bend if you are not careful.

John