Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphone Question

Picsous

Need help

I will not use the headphone that came with the Deus,don't like them and wear eyeglasses,

so i did the modification that i can use any headphones,i have a question for everyone,

which headphone you recommend to buy and if not asking to much why ?

Tanks in advance for your help.

I was considering buying the Chefphone ones that the ear control panel can attach to. All the work is done for you and it is still wireless. I have used earbuds plugged into the bottom of the main control panel. Other than being attached to the detector with a cable I liked them. Nice sound on the tones. I could hear outside noises and talk to other people. They are cheap and most of all they are very comfortable. I still carry them in my bagin case the stock headphones break. Just make sure you get a volume control on the earbuds if you go that route. I have the Sony brand myself. I also had no problem plugging them into the remote. On some small headphone plugs the jack is too fat to fit in the recessed female plug. It hits the housing and will not let you push the jack in all the way.

Ear buds are a personal choice. What's comfortable to me may not be for you. Pick up a joggers iPhone arm band along with the buds. You won't be tied to the machine.

Or alternately, buy the headphone controller adapter from XP that allows you to plug the earbuds (or any other 1/8" jack headphone) directly to it. Then you can put it in your pocket or anywhere else that is convenient and also have the use of the volume control. There is no volume control if you plug directly into the main controller. I'm not sure if this adapter is available over here yet but, if not, we should be calling the US distributor and asking why.

spimly said:
Or alternately, buy the headphone controller adapter from XP that allows you to plug the earbuds (or any other 1/8" jack headphone) directly to it. Then you can put it in your pocket or anywhere else that is convenient and also have the use of the volume control. There is no volume control if you plug directly into the main controller. I'm not sure if this adapter is available over here yet but, if not, we should be calling the US distributor and asking why.
That's exactly what I want, has anyone been able to get their hands on one yet? However if I could get a set of the chefphones to try.............

I made my own adapter and just stick the round controller in my pocket. It was very easy to make, just a piece of circuit board, two small pieces of metal for the contacts and an adapter. I think I found the instructions in this forum. Works great!

Jack Flynn said:
spimly said:
That's exactly what I want, has anyone been able to get their hands on one yet? However if I could get a set of the chefphones to try.............

I broke down and bought one from Regton's in England since they were not available here. The shipping was steep but they were great to deal with and took PayPal.

You can go directly to the Chefphones site and order them that way as well . . . . . high quality and especially in the winter, they keep your ears warm. :clapping: Sorry but no U.S. source currently . . . .

Popping the control unit off the backphones is a lot easier than I thought it would be and they simply snap into the CP6 Deus headphones so you can go from one to the other as desired.

The WS4 adapter plate shoudl be available here in the US shortly . . . .an announcement can be made here when they are available.

As the alternative, the WS5 phones are also close to the shipping point which are an over-the-head design . . . . and they do work with the Deus so that should allay the fears of some that posted here previously.

Andy

I was very fortunate and found a great guy across the pond who sent me the adapter to slide on the backphone controller. It works great as an alternative to the backphone setup. If you don't want to invest in headphones this is a great option.

What's the short silver ended adapter for??
Is it needed or just extra??

Yes H D it is an adapter for use with headphones with larger phone plug, you can use any size headphones by using different size adapters.

Hope this answers your question.

H H

Les.

Got It...

You don't have to buy a adaptor,its easy to make the modification.
Just buy a headphone adaptor with wire and just weld and glue on the plate from the XP headphone.