Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphone question

Beale

I just Got the AT-Pro and am very hard of hearing. I am looking very hard at the new Amphibian Hedphones as a replacement to the stock ones. My question is this. Have any of you tried the Amphibians? Or are using them already. If so how dothey compare to the stock? The volume control is my main reason for looking at these, Beale.

I use them and they're great!! Much, much better sound quality than the stockers. I run mine with the Vol. all the way up, don't want to miss those whispers running in Pro mode.

Big Cat, you would recommend them for sound improvement over the stock ones? I don't see my stock ones ever going under(I don't swim), but I do use them in the rain, and that doesn't seem to bother them. If the Amphibians are an upgrade in sound, then I might have to start leaving some clues around for my Christmas present this year. Good question Beale. Artie

Start dropping those clues now!! The Amphibs are head and shoulders above the stockers. I was recently on a hunt and the AT Pro/Amphib 'phones rig that I was using had a problem with the straight shaft that required I swiich out to my other ATP with the stock phones. I used it for about 10 mins. before I headed back to the car to swiitch out the 'phones. It was like I was in a bad dream and all my tones were garbled. I know there's other guys on here that use them, I'll bet they agree.

Thanks Artie for bringing this back up. I am planning on ordering the Amphibian Headphones. This is based on a fair bit of further research I have done on my own. Beale.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info. Artie

I bought a set of amphibian headphones for the express purpose of going under water or at least just under the water with a snorkel, but Friday was the first time I've used them and they work great. I noticed greater separation in the iron range and picked up a ring that didn't show on the DVI scale or anywhere else about 8-10 inches deep. I couldn't wear mine with the volume at full because they are just too loud. The only problem I have is big ears and they were hurting after 5-6 hours in the water. Of course, everything else was hurting too, but I didn't have anything on the rest of me but my river hunting clothes. Lol
I talked to a disabled vet who was injured in Afghanistan and he told me about a place up the river I intend to check out. I enjoyed talking to him even tho it took some time away from my detecting and thanked him for his service to our country. If I get too busy to talk to a wounded vet I need to find another hobby.

Fongu, you are a good man. Artie