Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphones cutting out on AT Pro

marcomo

I have been battling a intermittent issue with my AT Pro so I want to see if anyone here is having, or has had, the same issue.

A few months ago the audio started cutting out intermittently from the headphones and would instead come through the speaker.

I did the obvious checks first, making sure connections were tight, using a different set of headphones. That didn't help and the cutting out seemed to be getting more frequent. I got a new headphone adapter and the problem seemed better at first, but then the problem started gradually happening again.

At this point I sent my unit in to Garrett for repair. Not sure exactly what they did but initially it seemed to solve the issue. But now the same issue is starting to reoccur.

As I said the problem is intermittent, so it's hard for me to pin it down. Sometimes I can go an hour or two with no issues but then it starts. The fine folks at Garrett are sending me out another adapter to try on the off chance I got a defective replacement before. I have my doubts though since jiggling the adapter doesn't seem to have any effect as it would if there was a loose wire.

Has anybody else here had this problem?

I have mine cut out too, but that was when I set my detector against a tree and walked away, eventually getting out of range. A low battery might also cause this. Try turning your headset 180 degrees.

Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I'm talking about my AT Pro using corded headphones and the adapter that allows you to use regular headphones instead of the Garrett ones with the proprietary connector.

I know exactly what you are experiencing as the same thing happened to me (AT Pro) with the adapter extension using my Sunray headphones. Make sure your headphone jack is all the way seated into the female end of the adapter. I think the ever so slight of the headphone plug (inside that extension) is being pulled on and disconnects the headphones. I believe this is where you hear it coming out of the speaker. I thought the same thing as you. I was thinking the wire inside my headphones or that adapter piece has a bad wire. Pull out the headphone plug and re-seat it. Also, make sure there is no dirt inside the female end of the adapter plug. Best of luck.

Inferior sound quality and bulky. Also easier to remove headphones from the standardized female adapter jack than the proprietary AT connector.

The stock Garrett AT phones aren't bad, I used them in the beginning before an adapter was available. It's just that there are better headphone options available for all the reasons I stated.

Wish I would have kept a pair though, to try them when the cutting out happens.

Mine has been doing the same thing for a while. Seems like they cut out, and sometime the sound is coming through the speakers.