Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphones for the CZ70

AGW8241

I have decided to go with the CZ70 and was wondering about headphones. I am leaning toward the Black Widows because I think the individual left and right volume adjustments would be good. You may remember from my original posts that I have lost about 88% of the hearing in my left ear. For this reason I like the idea of being able to adjust the left and right individually. I have however read some posts saying the tones from the Black widow are not very good. Can anyone please give me there opinion of the Black widow or recommend another type that would be better. Also, is there really a difference in the high end and low end units? Thanks in advance for your help.

Russ

Sorry I have so many questions. As a newcomer to the hobby, can someone recommend the "must have" accessories that I should purchase with the CZ70 to get started. Digging tools, videos, coin probes, etc. I will be doing equal parts dry land and saltwater beach hunting. The unit comes with a 8" coil, should I also buy a 10" or 5" coil or is the 8" the best all around coil? Thanks guys, and again I'm sorry for all the questions.

Russ

and I have all sorts of things to help. I have both the 10.5" and 5" coils, with their own lower- and middle-stem extensions, so changing coils only takes a couple minutes. Nail aprons are good for keeping junk and good targets separate. I use a Lesche digger, and a Vibraprobe 460, both of which are mounted onto a military web-belt, along with the hipmount bag for my CZ. I keep a kitchen towel tucked into the web-belt to scoop loose dirt onto (I need to replace this one, it's getting tattered). In the goodies pouch of my nail apron, I have a small nylon-bristled brush for brushing dirt off of copper coins and odd-ball objects (silver doesn't get brushed), and a small pair of handheld pruners for small roots. I use a pair of rubber-coated gardening gloves to protect my hands while digging. I wear a pair of kneepads to protect my knees. That's just what I carry ON me (except the optional coils) when I'm in the field.

In my vehicle, are the extra coils, a small shovel, a tool kit with small ziplock baggies (to keep finds from different areas separate), extra batteries, spare o-rings for my CZ-20, Vaseline, a keyhole saw (for bigger roots), and some spare nylon bolts and wingnuts for my coils. I've been known to carry a sifter, PVC buckets (for trash or dirt when sifting), etc. Since it's almost summer, I'm also carrying my CZ-20 right now, along with my water scoop. Some folks have enough gear to fill the back of a truck.

On the flip side, the minimum of required equipment is a metal detector, and a recovery tool, usually a screwdriver. It just depends on how much stuff you want.

HH from Allen in MI

Here goes..Use the stock 8 until you learn it well..Surely the acc. 5 inch and 10.5 are excellent coils but thats your call..Many good digging tools out there so visit a dealer..as far as water hunting need a good stong scoop with a long handle....You won't learn the hobby or a CZ overnite so keep asking...and everyone has personal preferences...Garden tools won't do the job so buy tools made for the hobby....

I use the Grey Ghost Ultimates because they can be used on any land detector plus they sound great.Looks like Allen covered the gamut of potential accessories that you could have along but a lot depends on the type of hunt your doing.I would recommend a pair of cargo pants or vest to carry some of the necessities along with a bottle of water and a cell phone.With summer heat coming and if your hunting a fairly quiet area i use a pair of Sony clip on ear-buds with a 1/4" adapter instead of full-sized headphones as they have good sound quality and very comfortable in the heat.My suggestion on an accessory coil would be the 5" coil first as it is very good in in trashy areas and helps with target separation.The 10.5" coil adds greater coverage in low trash areas and some depth but for me the added weight isn't worth it and the 8" coil is very very good as a general purpose loop.Just my thoughts. HH Bill

as I normally wear US Army BDU trousers in the cooler months, and a US Army Field Jacket. I love all the pockets!

HH from Allen in MI