Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphones for the Vaquero

smokey63

Narrowed it down to these, I think. Been using Calrads for a long time. Wondering if I might have missed something along the way. All priced within about 30 bucks of each other. What do yall think?

Killer B Hornets

Bushmasters

Gray Ghost NDT

Gray Ghost Deep Woods

As mentioned, all of them are good. I prefer DetectorPro Jolly Rogers myself.

From what I have read, all he headphones mentioned are very good.
I used some Calrads for a while when I first got into detecting and eventually got a pair of killer B ultimas when I purchased my Vaquero.. I have been very satisfied with those headphones.. very good sound quality, fit snug, and very quality built too!
I don't think you will be disappointed in any of the headphones you have in mind.
Felix

I hooked a koss vc-20 in line volume control on my detector.I can plug any headphone in and get very precise volume control.You will find the large segmented volume adjustment on most high headphones ,not that good.Tried to send a pic,but have to figure how to make pics smaller to be accepted.I used my jolly roger ultimates pluged into the v-20 yesterday and it was great! :O

I use garett and they have a volume control for each ear. Think I bought them off Amazon. They work for me, and have had NO problems with them.

Calif_quake said:
I use garett and they have a volume control for each ear. Think I bought them off Amazon. They work for me, and have had NO problems with them.
Isn't it against the law to mix a brand that makes a yellow detector with a Tesoro :poke::rofl:.

I'm a fan of Gray Ghosts, but have to agree with the opinions on the others, also.
BB

I think i got a image to accept.I really like this volume control.I can plug ear buds into it.The headphone cord now comes out the rear and out of the way.The volume control on most high end headphones has a wide segmented volume rage meaning the volume on most of these headphones will go from too low and too high in one segment click which is not good.This control really gives me exactly the level i need.Because Tesoro detectors have no volume control you have to experiment for what works best for you.Tesoro has a stereo headphone jack,while most other brands as minelab and whites has a mono headphone jack.You may have to be aware of this while selecting headphones.If you ever decide you want to try earbuds,You have to get the items needed.Most earbuds and other small headphones have no volume control .This is were the koss v-20 control comes in handy also.You will also need a adapter from standard to mini etc.Also i have mini size extension that i use for light weight phones because the cords are not long enough on them.:O

SpiritRelic said:
I think i got a image to accept.I really like this volume control.I can plug ear buds into it.The headphone cord now comes out the rear and out of the way.The volume control on most high end headphones has a wide segmented volume rage meaning the volume on most of these headphones will go from too low and too high in one segment click which is not good.This control really gives me exactly the level i need.Because Tesoro detectors have no volume control you have to experiment for what works best for you.Tesoro has a stereo headphone jack,while most other brands as minelab and whites has a mono headphone jack.You may have to be aware of this while selecting headphones.If you ever decide you want to try earbuds,You have to get the items needed.Most earbuds and other small headphones have no volume control .This is were the koss v-20 control comes in handy also.You will also need a adapter from standard to mini etc.Also i have mini size extension that i use for light weight phones because the cords are not long enough on them.:O

Thats a cool setup SpiritRelic!

Thanks for all the input. I am leaning toward the Gray Ghost Deep Woods after yesterday, going thru limbs turned my volume down 3 times.

My Killer B 'Wasps' are off to B&B to repair a short in the cable, but when they return they will be a 'back-up' set to go with the 'back-up' SunRay Pro Gold headphones. Both are essentially the same (same maker) and work well. My current main-use headphones are the White's Pro-Star headphones. I have used the others for several years and they are pleasant. The Pro-Star also fit snugly so they don't tug off like most inexpensive headphones do, and they use a slightly larger 'tank' style ear cup. More comfortable on my ears. All have a Lifetime Warranty so that's also good.

Monte

I just got some Original Gray Ghosts for Christmas for my Vaquero. I'm hoping they will do well, I always hear great things about them. Snow won't let me hunt at the moment

The koss volume control has really proven itself to me.I can now use the jolly rodger headphones at more precise levels.I can plug in anything and have a nice volume control.Earbuds when it's warm,no problem.:O