Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphones galore

scoopjohnb

Well I got tired of those backphones slipping.
Running the Deus of the headphones control box is a pain with the backphones.
And ambient noise gets in the way of those faint but smooth signals.

XP will probably mix up something better than I did, but I'm happy.
It was either this or Deus had to go, love the tech, but hated the backphones!!

3ca03d7cf4ff940cde649de7ced0be3e_zpsd323b993.jpg

Stripped a backphone and wired up a stereo 3.5 mm jack
3e5173c86f5ac84e1bd7a7074939f608_zps1311ec21.jpg

Used original backphone slider
e747cc0ddef139f70f9343e4c2a307ef_zps5e7b8618.jpg

Removed speaker from backphone and run cable into speaker housing
d08529078e9cc1c53ce8c0189116735a_zpscd13d302.jpg

Great sound with my Iphone earbuds
ab37ed27ffcfae069edfb6a3884e0588_zpsc0cc41f9.jpg

Even better with Philips sporty earbuds, don't slip around, fits nicely in your ear, sweatproof, ambient noise reduction.

Anyway volume control is ok, 9 is a decent volume without being annoying, 1 is minimum but still audible.
You can look at the remote and hear when you press a button.
You can hear it power up and power down.

I'm happy, now it's up to XP to design something better!!

Very nice job. I like the stock headphones, but I guess everyone has different opinions and likes. Mine never slip once they are hooked over the ear, and I found them to be a good compromise to this Summers heat.

I allready wear glasses, so hooking up over the ear isn't very comfortable for me.
Also tend to stick the remote in my pocket anyway, isn't as waterproof and dirtproof as I'd like it to be.
TID is decent for shallow targets, below that you're down to old fashioned sonar operator.

Anyway solution found, happy with the machine.

A small update on the sporty headphones from Philips. I'm sure other brands will have them as well.

Having better ambient noise reduction, I can actually hear the low conductive falses start coming in when I raise sensitivity too much.
So much like listening to a threshold on an other style of detector, the background noise of the low conductivity falses lets me know where I'm at sensitivity wise.