Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphones question

Bill D. (VA)

I've been thinking again about possibly purchasing a new set of high quality headphones that utilize a limiter circuit. I feel like I have my current headphones turned down so low to avoid being blasted by large surface finds that I'm missing out on the faint, deeper signals. Has anyone had any experiences with limiter circuit headphones? Love to hear any comments about any advantages/disadvantages as well as recommendations on specific products.

I use single cup Killer B's that have a limiter circuit and they're great. I needed it for my MXT because of exactly what you describe, looking for the deeper whispers and its just too loud when the threshold is where it needs to be.You can buy Killer B headphones and ask for it to be installed and it really doesn't add much to the price ($10 in my case). Its a switch, so I can active it or turn it off (useful for my other detector).

I bought a set of Ratphones and have had them two years. I have a limiter and a switch to by pass the limiter if I need. The phones are high impedance and have a great sound. I can run the phones wide open an still have the limiter keep the sound from hurting my ears on shallow targets and when pinpointing. I don't see any disadvantage to the limiter. They are quality ear phones and they are comfortable. If you have any doubt get them with the bypass switch. Rick worked with me to set the limiter volume to my needs. Rob

[size=medium]Hi, I use the Sunray Pro Gold headphones. I've had them for over a year and haven't had any problems with them. I love the limiter switch and they are VERY high quality. They have the leather ear pads and they are very cool in the heat of summer. I can hear targets very clear at 6" deep. It might be a fainter beep, but still hear it quite well. I can't say enough about them. Good luck to what you choose. Everyone is different and uses different equipment. The link to Sunray is on the top of this forum. Just click on it and then find the headphones for more info. They even have the field tests for them.[/size]