Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

headphones v3i

mauroki

V3i is fantastic ..... with the arrival of the heat but I have to give up radio headphones .... I'd like wites produce a headset for the summer. Or enter the JEC where a receiver of a pair of sports earphones.
regard

Here is a review from Amazon....... Amazon TDK WR700 Wireless headphones

This review is from: TDK WR700 Wireless High Fidelity Headphones (Electronics)
Bought these lovely headphones and the product really shines. Bought it after reading the technical specs and it performed as expected.

Operating these headphones is really simple. Great build quality and really great value for money.

Best of all, you can even pair another TDK WR700 headphone to the same transmitter allowing another person to receive the audio. Another great feature is that these headphones use the Kleer technology that renders the audio in full uncompressed format unlike the bluetooth headphones that heavily compresses the audio. Since it uses the Kleer technolgy, there is no audio latency (audio delay), meaning there will be no lip sync problems when you use these headphones to watch TV. A pat on my back for making a wise decision by selecting these headphones. TWO THUMBS UP !

I just stumbled across this post. I have the exact same headphones that I use with my MP3 player, iPhone as well as when I am metal detaching with my VX3. They work on the same frequency band as the built in wireless in the White;s V series detectorsm but I couldn't get around the required handshaking connection issue, so I just use the little half dollar sized transmitter that plugs into the headphone jack. A couple of AAA are good for 40 hours.

I also give these headphones a double thumbs up! They work great!

TDK WR700 Wireless High Fidelity Headphones- got them from Amazon for about $85 with shipping.

-Dakota Scott

DakotaScott said:
I just stumbled across this post. I have the exact same headphones that I use with my MP3 player, iPhone as well as when I am metal detaching with my VX3. They work on the same frequency band as the built in wireless in the White;s V series detectorsm but I couldn't get around the required handshaking connection issue, so I just use the little half dollar sized transmitter that plugs into the headphone jack. A couple of AAA are good for 40 hours.

TDK WR700 Wireless High Fidelity Headphones- got them from Amazon for about $85 with shipping.

-Dakota Scott

Hi Scott,

For many years i tried a lot of wireless headphones with transmitter on my XLT without success, because the delay of signal is very unacceptable, especially in mixed mode.

Is there a delay of the signal coming from the metal detector to the headset TDK WR700 ?

thanks

bluemask said:
DakotaScott said:

-Dakota Scott

Hi Scott,

For many years i tried a lot of wireless headphones with transmitter on my XLT without success, because the delay of signal is very unacceptable, especially in mixed mode.

Is there a delay of the signal coming from the metal detector to the headset TDK WR700 ?

thanks

Like the poster above, I just stumbled on this post. There is no delay using the TDK WR700. It uses KLEER technology, which is a different method of transmitting sound. It transmits sound uncompressed, as opposed to bluetooth which requires compression on the transmit side, decompression on the receiving end, hence the delay.

The TDK WR700 system is no longer being made. I found the SENNHEISER RS160 Digital Wireless Headphones System on E-bay for a lot less new. It also uses the Kleer system.

It may take a little more work to fool proof the Sennheiser 160 system, but there are sites that show how to do it. I have ideas of my own how to make the system more bulletproof and wet proof. It is also a plug in system like the TDK WR700's.

The Sennheiser headphones are more comfortable than most phones and the audio quality is excellent.

This article from engadget may help others also looking for the KLEER technology engadget Kleer

I have the TDK phones and they work very well. They seem to like batteries, but either the AA or AAA'ws are fairly inexpensive so no probelm.

Gabby, do the tdk wireless work like a charm? No delay, etc?

Thanks, bubba

I thought I would share this for all of you guy's here on the V3i forum.
No Lag that I can tell on my mod below. Took the electronic components out of a set of TDK WR700's and put them in this clear
homemade acrylic case. You are able to hook up standard full size headphones or with the adapter
you can use earbuds when it get's hot....Check out the photos below in various stages...
Been thinking about redesigning the case as the 1/4 acrylic i used was more than needed and is bulky.
Hope this gives you guy's an idea.
Duggr

The WR700's have been discontinued. You may find some available still. I see some on E-bay. I have used those also and they do work well. The transmitter is small on the WR700's which is really nice.

Here is a photo of my Sennheiser RS160 wireless headphones that I use on my V3i. I have velcro on the transmitter and it holds it nice on the arm rest. Been out 5 times with them and so far the batteries have been holding up well. The headphones on the Sennheisers are more comfortable than the WR700's to me. You mileage may vary. They use the same Kleer technology as the TDK's with no lag at all.

What is nice about this system and any other wireless headphones is that you can remove it easily and use the wireless headphones for other things like listening to internet radio or other
radios while doing other things.

Wireless headphones are something that until tried seem to be not needed. I say once you go wireless, you will never go back.

I have a brand new set of TDK WR700 wireless headphones and basically I like them, they are light and because they use AA batteries I'm not worried about internal lithium batteries Waring out, other wireless setups have built in lithium batteries and you will only get about 500 charge cycles before they start to degrade in performance. My only 2 gripes about the TDK WR700 wireless headphones are: 1. They are over ear instead of around ear, they tend to slip off when I bend over. 2. the transmitter is fairly large (due to the two AA batteries. both problems can be overcome. I also have the whites wireless but they are sooo heavy I wanted something lighter.

Finderskeeper said:
The TDK WR700 system is no longer being made. I found the SENNHEISER RS160 Digital Wireless Headphones System on E-bay for a lot less new. It also uses the Kleer system.

It may take a little more work to fool proof the Sennheiser 160 system, but there are sites that show how to do it. I have ideas of my own how to make the system more bulletproof and wet proof. It is also a plug in system like the TDK WR700's.

The Sennheiser headphones are more comfortable than most phones and the audio quality is excellent.

I don't know why you would say the TDK WR700 wireless headphones are no longer being made just search amazon or ebay there are multiple sellers selling brand new sets from japan. I bought a pair 2 months ago and they have dropped in price since then. on amazon they all say free shipping with no tracking. but my order came in less than two weeks and there was tracking. Amazon has the best price. If they have been discontinued I'm sure new sets will be available for a long time there are plenty of sellers with multiple quantity's available they are currently going for ~$80 free shipping right now.

The manufacturer (TDK) says that it is no longer being made. See this on Amazon......Amazon w700's no longer being made

The TDKWR700's have been in production for quite a few years ( at least since 2009) and newer versions are available. I even called TDK and they said that yes the WR700's are no longer being manufactured.

They made a bunch of them and they are still being sold. The prices have dropped because of that and they would be still an excellent addition the the V3i. I tried them and liked the Sennheiser's better as they were more comfortable for me. Your experience may be different as we all have our prefferences.

Yeah I guess that's the way it always goes just like the "auvio" "33-283" wireless headphones from radio shack (I have a pair of those also) I like them but i'm not sure how long the lithium transmitter battery will hold out. what is the morel number of the newer version TDK's? thanks for the info.

LEE_TERRILL said:
Yeah I guess that's the way it always goes just like the "auvio" "33-283" wireless headphones from radio shack (I have a pair of those also) I like them but i'm not sure how long the lithium transmitter battery will hold out. what is the morel number of the newer version TDK's? thanks for the info.
I have the Auvio Wireless Earbuds. After I got done using them I stuck them in my front pocked and later after
taking them out I had one of the ear buds broke! I'm now modifying them, removing the earbuds and installing a
3.5mm female jack so I can use a quality set of earbuds...Also! anyone using the internal Lithium powered
wireless headphones shouldn't be discouraged as You can dissemble them and install a new Lithium Battery,
usually a 3.7volt power cell...I'm going to install an external 3.7 volt on the exterior of my Rapoos so I can
exchange batteries when needed.

duggr said:
LEE_TERRILL said:
I have the Auvio Wireless Earbuds. After I got done using them I stuck them in my front pocked and later after
taking them out I had one of the ear buds broke! I'm now modifying them, removing the earbuds and installing a
3.5mm female jack so I can use a quality set of earbuds...Also! anyone using the internal Lithium powered
wireless headphones shouldn't be discouraged as You can dissemble them and install a new Lithium Battery,
usually a 3.7volt power cell...I'm going to install an external 3.7 volt on the exterior of my Rapoos so I can

I had a set of the earbuds also I didn't really like them they kept falling out of my ears. when I bought the 33-283's I got them used (cheap) because the 3.5mm jack on the transmitter was intermittent, I wound up replacing it with a long cable and 3.5mm right angle jack which worked out pretty nice. the problem was I had to crack open the transmitter case and re glue it, it didn't just snap open and closed they glued it, they didn't intend for it to be opened. I have 5 or 6 lithium batteries from various bluetooth devices and none of them are the same size as the one on the 33-283, I couldn't find on the right size on ebay either that's actually why I bought the TDK phones both t/r use AA's.

LEE_TERRILL said:
duggr said:
LEE_TERRILL said:

I had a set of the earbuds also I didn't really like them they kept falling out of my ears. when I bought the 33-283's I got them used (cheap) because the 3.5mm jack on the transmitter was intermittent, I wound up replacing it with a long cable and 3.5mm right angle jack which worked out pretty nice. the problem was I had to crack open the transmitter case and re glue it, it didn't just snap open and closed they glued it, they didn't intend for it to be opened. I have 5 or 6 lithium batteries from various bluetooth devices and none of them are the same size as the one on the 33-283, I couldn't find on the right size on ebay either that's actually why I bought the TDK phones both t/r use AA's.

Yes it will be hard to find a replacement Lithium battery the same size but all you need to do is Match the Voltage which will be easy!
This is why I will put my new battery on the exterior of my device. A Higher amp rating means the battery will last longer between charges