Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphones won't pair up

Stryker47

Just got my Equinox 800 I am minelab stupid been running a at pro since its release but I can't get the head phones to pair with the machine can some one walk me thru it Thanx in advance

Yes....turn detector on...makes sure headphones are off.....now press and hold middle button on headphones till the 3 lights on the right flash blue...red.....then press and hold the wireless botton on the control panel ..top right..for 5 sec..wait a little bit and you will see icon of headphones on upper control panel.....have to wait till you see this then you will be good to go..

Also have them fairly close together in case some other bluetooth source is causing confusion. The other night, I was trying to pair with headphones inn my living room, and the Equinox paired up with my TV's soundbar.

If you follow the manual just like I did...you linked to the WM-08 module first. This should fix it if that is what you did.
Turn the detector off.
Press and hold the on button on the detector till FP shows on the screen which puts it back to Factory Preset.
Now push the wireless button on the detector till the wireless icon starts flashing.
Now do the same on the headphones till they start flashing red/blue.
Just lay them down for a minute or two and they will link up.

Always Curious said:
Also have them fairly close together in case some other bluetooth source is causing confusion. The other night, I was trying to pair with headphones inn my living room, and the Equinox paired up with my TV's soundbar.

Yes forgot to mention this ...be within 3 ft. Of detector...

Thank you everyone for your help :) I really appreciate it

I, too, had issues pairing up, mainly because I assumed the WM 08 module had something to do with operating the wireless headphones. I have to say that the instructions in the users manual are not all that clear, which was compounded by my ignorance. Thanks to you folks for sharing your knowledge and experience!

When Equinox goes to pair with a device the first device it looks for is the WM-8, if it can't find it a WM-8 it will then look for the bluetooth headphones so it can take few minutes to pair.

treasure_hunter said:
When Equinox goes to pair with a device the first device it looks for is the WM-8, if it can't find it a WM-8 it will then look for the bluetooth headphones so it can take few minutes to pair.

Not the fastest pairing thing, to be sure; but so long as I have the devices within inches of each other and wait while first the wireless icon and then the bluetooth icon complete their blinking, seems to pair reliably.