Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

headphones

chuck ky

bought a used explorer xs. when i tried the only pair of headphones i had no sound comes out. could it be a bad jack. the phones work fine on my t-2 but when i add the 1/8 inch adaptor and plug it in i get no sound. thanks.

i couldn't find the package that it came in so i took it back to radio shack yesterday. i wanted to make sure it was 1/8 inch and stereo. he said yes to both and showed me how to tell if it was a stereo jack. thanks.

The stereo jack has two bands and the mono has one. Your jack may be defective as I just got one brand new from Radio Shack that was defective. You should be using the stero jack......hope this helps.

Chuck, does the XS work okay without headphones? It is possible the jack in the machine may be bad. A buddy of mine had an older XS with an 1/8" jack that went bad. Earlier this year, he sent it in to Minelab, and got it replaced with a 1/4" jack. If that is indeed the problem, I would recommend calling Minelab to check if they will still do that. Hopefully it's a bad adapter from RS.

xs works without headphones. headphones work on my t-2 but when i put the 1/8" adaptor on i get no sound. its either the adaptor or the jack. thanks.

Does your headphones have a stereo /mono switch on it?? The reason I ask is Minelab uses differnt than the T-2 does if I remember correctly as when I had the T-2 I had to switch it one way and the other for the Minelab. If you have the right adapter and a set of headphones that dont have this switch it probably wont work on the Minelab. The best thing to do is try a set of other headphones with the 1/8 inch plug on them and see what happens. It could be the wrong adapter too as there are differnt one and I had it happen to me also, so make sure it is the right adapter and this is where using a differnt set of headphones instead of a adapter can tell you a lot.

My Gray Ghosts have that switch and it MUST be on stereo to work. You also MUST use a stereo adapter (with a mono adapter you will hear nothing)....bring yours back to Radio Shack and try another one and see if it works - this will tell you that the adapter is bad. I recently bought a brand new one there that didn't work - they replaced it. I like the gold plated ones better - couple extra bucks, but the quality seems a lot better.

this is one of the first pair of headphones that i can remember buying that didn't have the mono/stereo switch. when i first got the sovereign someone tried to tell me that it was mono but the headphones would only work when the switch was on stereo. thanks for everyones advice. the guy ay radio shack said to bring it in and they could check.