Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Headphones

My "killerbees" headphones just bit the dust and I was wondering what would you recommend I use on my Explorer SE.
I was satisfied with my killerbees.

the sweetest "high warble" over deep silver. In fact...I have three pairs of them...that's how much I like them.

Lots of good phones out there though...so I'm sure you'll get a lot of varying opinions.

Another vote for the Sunray Pro Golds here -- absolutely love them! :thumbup:

If it was the cord on the KBees, check with the maker - I believe they are putting on some heavier duty replacement cords now.

Yes it is the cord that goes into the ear piece. I suppose over time with movement a wire or wires has broke. I can wiggle it and get sound. Do they have a website? I googled it and can't find it.
I have not heard about the pro golds but I am checking them out.
Thanks for the replies and help!:thumbup:

I have been using Killer Bees...they have served me well for around 5 years. I have a set of Black Widows on the way. Any comments on those?
Thanks, Aaron

I use RAT MSAs and just love them. They have cords that just unplug from the headphones, so to repair, just replace the cord (haven't had any issues to do so though). Full range of audio frequencies too, so the sound is much richer (to my ears). I also have a pair of Pro Golds (which are same as Killer Bees, that I can tell), but keep them as backups.

are a pretty high pitched sounding set.

Some people prefer a more "deep and rich" sound coming through the headphones over targets...and you may be one that does. We are all different in what we prefer as individuals which is what makes this hobby what it is.

Sunray pro golds do not give a deep, rich sound...they give a distinct, high pitched sound over deep silver. It is a sound I have not been able to duplicate on other headphones.

I have heard black widows are excellent headphones...but again I have never tried them.

A lot of people love them..so i hope they work well for you.:thumbup:

I got the Pro Golds a few weeks ago& Bryce is right The high pitchsound over deep silver is much sweeter than my stock headphones

The audio in the blue Rats is superior. They block out ambient noise maybe too well. I have to stop and look around every now and then as I don't get some of the noises I used to hear happening around me. Compared them with Killer Bees and Grey Ghosts. The Rats are my primary and the others are backups. But...because any guitar cord will work I don't think I'll ever have a failure problem. jim