Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Heads up for a minor T2 Problem

This weekend during a very hard hunt I ran into a small problem with the T2.

My armrest came off the machine.

I thought the armrest and adjuster mount were one piece..I was wrong.
The armrest is held onto the adjuster mount by 6 small screws and nuts.

The nuts all fell off...I was hunting hard and banging the machine into trees bushes ect.

I recommend that all T2 users check these screws and nuts.
Remove the adjustment mount for the armrest..turn it over and you will see the nuts I am refering to..the screws are underneath the rubber of the armrest so you can't see them, I didnt lose the screws as the rubber held them in place.

As the screws are very short the nuts only get about1 1/2 to 2 turns on them..so there is not enough room for a lock washer. So back to using thread lock.
Now maybe you don't hunt as hard as I do..so it may not be a problem for you..but I think all T2 users should check this out and lock these suckers done...it VERY hard to hunt with this machine without an armrest

Dean

Thanks Dean I checked mine and they are tight. I took mine off to size the nuts and put them back on. But no play in there. I will mention it to BH.

I really am thinking about trying a t-2 , but I feel one should not have to rework the detector after just receiving it . just my thoughts. Most places have a quality control section. Come on TEKNETIC tighten those nuts....

Personally I would doubt if you would ever see this problem again. No one is a bush wacker like Dean :)
David Johnson has been notified and is looking into it as we speak(read)

I beat the hell out of my machines. My old Nauty has a metal case and it is bent and dented..I have had it for 15 plus years. I feel that to find targets tyou have to get into places that others won't even look at. If I can get the head of the machine into a spot, it goes there. One thing I like is if I get into a tight place ( and I mean tight) and I can't swing the coil I can just hit the "pin-point" button to see if there is anything there. I have to wear very thick old Military jackets to protect me from thorns and vines..and I tere these up each time I go out..and I usually look like I have been in a car crash by the time I finish hunting.blood, scratches, cuts and brusises. I know that by the end of the season I will have to replace the shaft on my T2, because I just beat the hell out of it.

I may even put my old Nauty shaft on it as it is a lot stronger..but we shall see.

As have said, I only hunt relics..so there is very little open ground..and if there is, it has been hunted before.
I use a WW2 Military entrenching tool to dig with..and I keep it sharpened..this cuts through roots and I use it to hack my way through vines, trees and anything else that gets in my way..plus if anyone else with me finds something I really like this E-tool convinces them to "give it to me" LOL.
I hunt Hard!!! So I know any machine I use will take a beating..but I feel it's worth it..so far the T2 has stood up to my abuse..so maybe thats why I haven't sent this one in for the upgrade...I hate changing things that work..and this one does.
The Bottel cap issue has become a moot point for me..yes I still get fooled once in awhile..but I have become attached to the T2 I have..so we can work it out.

Having fun hunting again!!!!

Dean