Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

hearing silver

john sullivan

every year the silver beep gets fainter,because of my hearing loss,old age. using a se pro volume setting 10, gold earphones. any solution to this problem?

If it's the FREQUENCY that your ear can't hear,you can ADJUST YOUR THRESHOLD TONE. That will shift the whole range of responses,depending on where you are and where the new setting is. For example,if your Threshold Tone is set to 7 right now by setting it to 3 will cause the "silver beep" to be lower in pitch. Do some experimenting to see if your hearing likes a different setting better.
You can also make sure your Max Limits and Gain are 10.
You could try different phones...
Do you already wear a hearing aid? If not then that's a possibility to look into.
And of course....silver isn't as prevalent anymore. You won't hear what isn't there...

I forgot to mention John,and you probably know this...you could play with the Variability and/or Response adjustment to go into Audio 1,2 or 3.

You can try Black Widow headphones. Those are the loudest I have ever heard.

i have hearing aids but don't wear them might try them , you refer to audio 1 2 i have se pro don't remember seeing audio 1 2 could they be called something else?when i say silver i mean clad also.

John,go to Menu/Options/Response. You can choose from Normal,Audio 1,Audio 2 or Audio 3. It's most likely set on Normal right now if you haven't ever messed with it.

Kevin

thank you all for info.changing audio and threshold helped a great deal. now i have to find silver. are we passing up gold rings ? listhening for silver beeps

Short answer-yes. I think most guys on the beach dig everything repeatable,but inland gold is just a different animal that I'd like to get to know but haven't gone there yet. It's difficult,given different karats,jewelry configurations,etc. Lots of stuff shows up in the gold range,almost none of it you want.

Kevin