Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Heat shrink Tubing.

S

stoneshirt

Hello,everyone.
You all have such good access to materials,and such.I'm re-stringing my Third Coil Cable on this old Excal1000 Blue.I read of this Heat-shrink Tubing with a Glue liner.sounds handy.I'm thinking on using the HIGH TEMP(good to like 450F) Silicone Sealant,applied thoroughly inside a Piece of Heat-shrink,do you think it would stand up to the small amount of heat while it's UN-cured,with the heat that's applied in order to shrink the Tubing down real good.???..
Any thoughts on that? This is not for the Coil Cable.
McGyver in Latin America.

Hello,everyone.
You all have such good access to materials,and such.I'm re-stringing my Third Coil Cable on this old Excal1000 Blue.I read of this Heat-shrink Tubing with a Glue liner.sounds handy.I'm thinking on using the HIGH TEMP(good to like 450F) Silicone Sealant,applied thoroughly inside a Piece of Heat-shrink,do you think it would stand up to the small amount of heat while it's UN-cured,with the heat that's applied in order to shrink the Tubing down real good.???..
Any thoughts on that? This is not for the Coil Cable.
McGyver in Latin America.
On the pack of Heat-Shrink package there should be a Web site. I would email them and ask, they can give you the best info. Good luck with it.

On the pack of Heat-Shrink package there should be a Web site. I would email them and ask, they can give you the best info. Good luck with it.
Mr. Flintstone.Hello.I'm in Santa Marta, Colombia......They sell it by the Meter,off a Roll.No Package,thanks anyway.

The adhesive (hot glue) lined shrink tube will not adhere to uncured silicone. And if the silicone is sealed inside an air tight chamber before its cured, will not cure. At least for some long time until some air gets to it. That's why it stays uncured in a tube its packaged in.

I fixed a Musky cable,Wrapped nylon spiral wrap around the full length. After I coated the wires with liquid electrical tape. Then slid the adhesive lined shrink tubing over top. make sure the shrink goes over the connector. Only thing is you may have to shorten the cable as its no longer flexible as it once was.

The adhesive (hot glue) lined shrink tube will not adhere to uncured silicone. And if the silicone is sealed inside an air tight chamber before its cured, will not cure. At least for some long time until some air gets to it. That's why it stays uncured in a tube its packaged in.

I fixed a Musky cable,Wrapped nylon spiral wrap around the full length. After I coated the wires with liquid electrical tape. Then slid the adhesive lined shrink tubing over top. make sure the shrink goes over the connector. Only thing is you may have to shorten the cable as its no longer flexible as it once was.
Hello Sven.thanks for that.Makes sense .I just try to think of all ways of doing things,here in South America.There's hardly any Choice of Materials.....stoneshirt..