Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Heavily Mineralized Ground 9" or 11" Coil??

nalgene77

I want to order an XP Deus but the ground here is so mineralised it can be difficult for most detectors.

My AT Pro ground balanced at 92 and was pretty much useless.

Now I have done some research and it seems most people prefer the 11".

Some have said it's better to minimize the coil size so there's less interference from ground minerals.

Can anyone with real life experience in this matter provide advice?

I will wait for some wise advice before ordering. Thanks in advance.:thumbup:

My soil here is about 85-87 here too so I would say go with the 9" as it's smaller so maybe less effected by the mineralization it see's under it and since your soil is so mineralized your probably going to get about as much depth as your going to get with the 9" over the 11". The 9" will be better for swinging as it's a bit lighter and since it's smaller it will get into places better and separate maybe a bit better in the Deus Fast program. Generally the size of a coil determines the depth so hence maybe 9"-10" on a coin sized target with the 9" coil but in your soil mineralization and mine I would expect maybe 6-8" is probably about max so the 11" coil would get around 11"-12" but the mineralization will knock that down on you so that is why I would go 9" . Anxious to hear what others think.