Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Heavy Trash

Dr.Deus

Hey guys, new here to the forum. Seems like a great place to seek lots of useful information.First off i'd like to start with,,, I love my Deus!!.:thumbup: LOL I'd like the opinion from those who have been working the Deus in those heavy trash areas... :yikes: I've read that 4KHz is good if you want to avoid bottle caps and screwtops because they ring up in the upper 80s all the way through the 90s. which is nice. I know the area im searching has produced good old silver in the past from another machine. The coins where between 6-9 inches or so could possibly be more but i know nothing really shallow. Any information on this matter would be wonderful. The site is loaded with bottle tops, pulltabs. pull rings ect. the usual trashy site plus its loaded with nails. thanks in advance.

Hi Dr. Deus. Have not used my Deus long enough to give you an expert opinion, but there are many folks on the forum who have. Just wanted to welcome you to the forum and look forward to reading your posts and seeing the many finds you'll have with the Deus. This is a VERY friendly forum with a lots of knowledgeable folks with years of experience. Also, there are a ton of European users who post to the forum who can give you their insights about the Deus as well. The Deus been out for several years over in Europe, so they have a little bit of a head start on the most of the US owners.

Welcome aboard!

Thank you for the welcome guys, its good to be here. So far im having a blast searching through heavy iron getting lots of actual target signals and not falsing. Not so much coin targets but its telling me that im on the right track and eventually im going to start finding those coins!

What program are you using?

Well im not really committed to just one program for the heavy trash. thats what i was kinda trying to figure out...to see which one works best for this kind of application.

If you put discrimination above 7 or 8 you will miss coins that are very close to iron. Put a nickel between two nails with the head of the nails very close to the nickel to experiment with. I made a new program that I am going to try this weekend in a trashy area that has a lot of iron. LOL

For sure.. i usually leave my discrimination at around 5.5. seems to do pretty good when not alot of targets, but in a sea of trash im hearing everything.

Deusdigger said:
If you put discrimination above 7 or 8 you will miss coins that are very close to iron. Put a nickel between two nails with the head of the nails very close to the nickel to experiment with. I made a new program that I am going to try this weekend in a trashy area that has a lot of iron. LOL
So i tested out what you said about putting 2 rusty nails with the head pointing towards the coin in the middle. Amazing! actual stand alone coin IDs dont mean a thing!! I tried out a silver dime and the numbers were in the low 30s but the sound was clear,repeatable, and stable. Thanks for the tip its definately something to look out for when hunting in iron. HH

I went to a ghost town today and tried my new program and had a good hunt. Try this for trashy hunts.
GM Power
DISC. 6.6
DISC. EXPERT; 3 TONES, TONE 1; 202 HZ TONE 2; 518 HZ TONE 3; 644 HZ
TONE 2 Threshold; 6.6 TO 69
SENSITIVITY; 80
SENSITIVITY EXPERT; TX POWER 2
FREQ. 11.7
IRON VOLUME; 2
REACTIVITY; 3
REACTIVITY EXPERT SILENCER;2
AUDIO RESPONSE; 4

Not to bad as far as keeping the disc. low and not driving you nutty with too much tones.
Good luck and happy hunting.

Remember, swing low and SLOW.